Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper
Default Company of Heroes

I just got the game last week and I really like it...
It's really well done and the killer little movies in between the action are some of the best I've seen in a game. For all you knuckleheads that want total realisim that you'll be disappointed but for those with an open mind the game is very fun. I love using my combat engineers upgraded to flamethrowers to cook enemy troops especially those with AT Guns.( I scroll all the way down and watch them burn burn burn....)

The game is NOT for kids language-wise, they use the F-Bomb quite a bit.

I would give it a healthy 4 out of 5 stars!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 10-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Gefreiter

Send a message via MSN to KG_Scout Send a message via Yahoo to KG_Scout

I have been thinking about picking this one up, glad to hear a good review from one of the guys here before I go spend the money.
Unread 10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Oberstleutnant

I just broke down and bought it, after playing the demo.
The demo was pretty cool, the Infantry is a blast, still getting
the feel of the armor. No 1 shot 1 kill for the armor takes a few hits even
to light up a Tommy cooker.
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

As to being the "successor" to CC3, I have to disagree. CC3 was not an RTS in the vein of this game and every other C&C game made. There was no resourcing. There were no buildings to be built. You didn't get to "order up" a new unit when you foolishly got its predecessor destroyed.

This is what set the CC3 apart from the rest of the dreck. You play with what you pick before you even step foot on the battlefield, so choose wisely! There are high hopes for Theater of War to actually step into the shoes of CC3 but as with each promise before (Eric Young anybody?) the proof is in the execution.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks gorgeous and I'm sure it play well (my vid card is in the mail back to ATI) but at heart it is just another RTS in an extremely saturated and over-done genre.
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
As to being the "successor" to CC3, I have to disagree. CC3 was not an RTS in the vein of this game and every other C&C game made. There was no resourcing. There were no buildings to be built. You didn't get to "order up" a new unit when you foolishly got its predecessor destroyed.

This is what set the CC3 apart from the rest of the dreck. You play with what you pick before you even step foot on the battlefield, so choose wisely! There are high hopes for Theater of War to actually step into the shoes of CC3 but as with each promise before (Eric Young anybody?) the proof is in the execution.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks gorgeous and I'm sure it play well (my vid card is in the mail back to ATI) but at heart it is just another RTS in an extremely saturated and over-done genre.

Aside from the resourcing which really is done quite well IMHO versus the standard mining whatever....

The environments are completely immersable, they are gorgeously detailed
as you stated.. The game play is very well done from the SP to the MP.

I completely respect your opinion of the game my dear friend but how much "actual" time have you spent playing it? You need more than just a few games....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Generalleutnant

It was a GREAT game last night guys....

Sspoom, AGCent and myself took on 3 computer AI opponenets. It was a very tough fought game at least for me... The computer (Whichever one it was...) made a last ditch effort and tried to push through the center with 4 AT-Guns and 2 M10's as well as 4 Engineer squads and 2 Airbourne squads.... I lost one territory but was able to push them back with multiple MG locations in the surrounding buildings as well as 2 squads of Volks Grenadiers along with 2 Stugs and 2 Panthers and 1 Sniper. You just got to LOVE those 280MM Rocket Barrages! Surprisingly very accurate!

Thank you both for the game!

Here's to many more!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Stabsgefreiter

[QUOTE=KG_CrimsonTrooper;39835]It was a GREAT game last night guys....

Sspoom, AGCent and myself took on 3 computer AI opponenets. It was a very tough fought game at least for me... [QUOTE]

ooooh WOW you guys beat 3 ai players.... what a 733t bunch you are :P
Unread 11-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Oberstleutnant

Play the game and take on a comp opponent before you
comment too harshly. =) Or feel free to get the game and try me.
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Was quite fun. I still hate the closeness of the camera. I wish I could zoom out farther.

As far as I can tell, placing HMGs at you r key points captured by pionieres is the key to an early strong foothold backed by an AT gun or two keeping any infantry squads back to eventually form a strike group.
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Generalleutnant

Another very cool game last night with AGCent and myself against the A.I again...

The A.I. is tougher than it sounds.... granted both AGCent and I are still very much learning the game and all it's little nuiances ( I know I butchered that word, so will the Grammar Nazi Mark please educate me )
I recommend this game to anyone who's computer can run the game...after all if enough of us play we could play 3 Vs.3 or 4 Vs. 4....

- Emiliano Zapata