Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > Military History > World War II > Armor,Vehicles & Weapons

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME
Default Can you say big gun?

Check out this railgun!:
http://palpatine.chez-alice.fr/Page13/page13.htm

Be sure to read the whole page/article, and take a look at all the pictures, especially the last one... Simply incredible!
-steve
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

You need total air superiority, good camo, frequent movement and a submarine pen like structure to keep this big boy alive on the battlefield for very long.
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Thanks for sharing, Steve! Very cool, isn't it? Remember the one we saw at the Aberdeen tank musuem? I have a great picture of it with my truck parked in front of it for scale. That barrel was almost big enough to fire my truck all the way back to Michigan, lol!
Unread 12-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Cloghaun View Post
Thanks for sharing, Steve! Very cool, isn't it? Remember the one we saw at the Aberdeen tank musuem? I have a great picture of it with my truck parked in front of it for scale. That barrel was almost big enough to fire my truck all the way back to Michigan, lol!
Yep, I sure do, I immediately thought about that one when I saw this one...The damage done by a weapon like this would be mindblowing I'm sure.
-steve
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Hey Steve, check out this pic. This is from Aberdeen in 2000. This is the shell for the Railroad Gun Anzio Annie that you guys saw when you went on the KG trip. I dont think they had the shell out when you guys were there. I got Brandi to stand by it to give it scale. Very impressive to say the least.

Unread 05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

And to give creedance to the feasibility of the rail gun, let us not forget that Saddam Hussein was very much inerested in a super gun to lob atomic shells (?) into Isreal.