Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

Talking First!

Oh, is it really me to start the first threat in the CM forum?

Well, has somebody taken a look on the new CMx2 forum at battlefront.com?
I have read a lot about the new features, and I think : WOW!

Then I have read that they are not yet sure if they will (be able to) inclute a 'PBEM feature'. Bad news if this should be excluded, since I play 98% PBEM only.
Quellchrist Falconer
Speech before the assault on Millsport
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

That would be just awful if they didn't have PBEM! All of us here enjoy TCP/IP now and then, but to not have the PBEM option would be stupid.

Plus PBEM would fit so nicely if they finally came up with a true multiplayer function AND campaign system.
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Almost all of us have time to get in a PBEM turn in every day or so (if not more frequently). But carving out an hour or two after finding someone who can and wants to play the same game at the same time can be a real challenge, especially for those who aren't equiped with TS and connected to a group of dedicated players like we are here at KG. The lack of PBEM would clearly make it more difficult for people from different parts of the world to play one another. Perhaps most important TCIP is not practical for a game of any size.
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:34 PM
The Purist

I think I'll simply say, "No thanks" if they leave out PbEM. Surely they realize the vast majority of games are via email. I have rarely even heard of people playing 'live'.

It would be a silly move.
Unread 08-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Did someone say "Please ruin this game just the way Close Combat was ruined with its so called IMPROVEMENTS " , otherwise know to us ex CC players as "Eric Young" syndrome.
Unread 08-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Odds are that they will keep it. Steve at Battlefront posted this today:

"Just to restate what has been said in some long and heated threads before...

We want PBEM in. Very much so. We fully understand the importance of it. However, we might (and I stress MIGHT) run into technical issues that nix the feature. We don't think this will happen, but we don't want to promise something that we aren't very sure we can deliver. The whole problem with the previous debates is that people, emotionally, wanted us to promise that no matter what it will be in. And that is something we can not do.

Sometimes a moment of clarity hits me and I can understand why telling lies is so routine in game PR as well as the rest of the world. And when I realize this I am tempted to give into the Dark Side. But I get over it and instead wind up wasting a few days yelling back at people who are yelling at me. Someday I'll get tired of it and lie instead. That day ain't here yet."
Unread 08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

This is the 21st Century. In ancient times we (mankind) brought a man to the moon, using mainframes with less computing speed as my pocket calculator.

To say that an important feature must be cut out 'for technical reason' is as pathetic as to attack a tank battalion with cavalry...
Quellchrist Falconer
Speech before the assault on Millsport
Unread 08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
General der Panzer

If they only want to design a game for themselves to play and not to sell, a no pbem CM game is a great idea.
Unread 08-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Well, they gave us all the opportunity to pipe in and list 5 things to keep in the new game and 5 things you'd like to see different. Nows the time!

http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm

It only takes 5 minutes guys. So far only 3 KG members have posted in their thread. Let's have some KG representation!!

Go to forums>CMX>To kick things off... a poll of sorts...

It's just that simple.
Unread 08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

I've been reading the thread about keeping PBEM and I have to say I'm becoming a little more than worried. It really sounds like BF is trying to shuffle their feat on the subject.

And the most ignorant thing they've said is that solo play vs the AI is more popular than PBEM!! Yep, they said it! Where did they get that idea? They've also gone on to say that BF forums only represents a small percentage of the people who play the game!! Small percentage?@! These are the CORE fan-base of people who play the game. These are the people they should be listening to.Their downplaying the forum membership voice, yet they spend all day answering their questions and trying to sell other aspects of the game. It's like their trying to brainwash us all into thinking PBEM isn't important and we wont miss it. Scipio hit it right on the head over there when he said without PBEM, CMX will become "Total War".

I love their games, but this PBEM business is just driving me crazy! They say if they can't make PBEM work then they wont sacrifice the rest of the game just for that one feature. I'm beginning to think we shouldn't hold our breath.

What's left of my hair is beginning to fall out. I ask you, how can they possibly forsake the PBEM crowd?!

I still see no one has posted in their thread to defend PBEM. C'mon guys!