Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Very cool, will get it sometime.
Unread 11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Posted on the Battlefront forum, here's an immediate post release description of the campaign & mod system from the head creator of Sie Kommen:

"Fredrock1957
Member # 13045

posted November 07, 2005 12:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sie Kommen Battle Pack for CMAK is now available for download at the Sie Kommen Website.

Features:

18 Great New Scenario based upon a fictional D-Day where the Allies land on July 4, 1944 at Pas D Calais. The Scenarios are as follows:

Bridges for the 82nd
Hell at Waldam Beach
Better Late Then Never
March to Marck
We Need Beaches
Breakout Now
Onward toward Offekerque
Bad News at Bourbourg
Blood On Rubble
To Blow or Not to Blow
Here We Come Walking Down the Street
Bourbourg Bloodshed
The 331st Strikes Back
Graveline Fort
Bloody St. Omer Capelle
Death Town Offekerque
Silence is Golden
Dead Men Walking

There is a complete set of rules to play the Sie Kommen Battle Pack in a multitude of ways including 5 game, 12 game, all 18 games, and a couple of 3-packs. Rules for AI play are included too. There is a Points Scoring Matrix table for each of the different ways the game can be played that uses formulas to determine the points earned for each scenario based upon the overall campaign.

Also included is links to Field Order Files which go beyond the briefings found in the battle and include such things as written orders, commander maps, aerial recon photos, and even radio (voice) transmissions.

There is a complete set of mods of which almost all where put together by the great modders in the community. I believe I got all of you on the recognition list and thank you guys for the work. There is a Main Mod Pack that includes terrain, uniforms, weapons, etc.. two vehicle mod packs (one allied and one axis) and special mod packs for 4 of the scenarios (beach landings, special bunkers, etc). All work with the Mod Program McMMM and we will be releasing ‘Mod Set’ files in the near future, this will let you load all the appropriate mods for each battle with a single click.

Many hours of effort went into Sie Kommen but I am sure there are still a few ‘bugs’ or items that might need a quick fix. We have created a forum ( Right Here ), that you can go to, to discuss, provide feedback, ask questions, etc about the battle pack. You input will be appreciated.

I would personally like to thank the following great people, cause without them this project would never have come to fruition.

Robert A. (FIGO) …
Timo H. (Larry Thorne)…
Fredrik W. (General Failure)…
Dean R. (Smashing)…
And
Bob M. (British Tommy)

For all there support, also all the playtesters, modders, etc.

Please Enjoy….

That is all…

Fredrocker"
Unread 11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

This sounds very cool. This also could be a very cool multi player campaign game as well.
Unread 11-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Oberschutze

Got them downloaded together with the MCMMM mod manager. Once I've got my head around managing the mods I'll have a play and see what happens
Unread 11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

More information from the Battlefront forum:

"Fredrock1957
Member # 13045

posted November 11, 2005 08:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by GreenAsJade:
Are the battles each intended to be balanced, or does historicality or "place within the set/story" override balance as a priority?

IE would a person looking for balanced battles not find what they're looking for in any of these scenarios?

Ta,

GaJJ.

Hey GaJ ... to answer your question... yes...

Some battles are pro allied, some pro axis, and some are as even as we can make them... and all that is based upon the overall scheme of things within the battle pack (and is reflected in the Points-Victory Schedule). Also items like the Field Orders on certain battles, can give a unit commander some insight (if used properly) to assist in his completion of his mission (and this works for both sides)

example... "Hell at Waldam Beach" is the main landings for the battle pack... Now the allies have a slight advantage (if you use arty properly - or else who knows)... but if the allies lose this battle (say in a 12 game version)... they will end up playing in some battles that were weighted for the axis... another words, the landings went bad so even if the 82nd AB has taken the three bridges, they wont get relief from the beachhead and therefore must fight off an axis counter-attack without support (which would be weighted pro-axis, such as "To Blow or Not to Blow")... Though about 50% of the scenarios are weighted one way or another, I would not say any are 'walk-overs' or 'completely one sided'... In playtests we have determined (at least in two player mode) that either side could win all the scenarios...

As for 'Allied vs AI' there are about 4 scenarios where the AI is questionable in its performance (those with main axis offensive efforts)... but there is a 'experience bonus' table that was tested to make the games vs the AI as best they can be... As far as 'Axis vs AI' this option wasnt really persued as there are about 12 out of the 18 battles where the Axis is solely on defense (Though one day I might go through and playtest it this way... and maybe make some modifications to the battles, VL placement, etc. so that an Axis vs AI version could be played... but that is beyond the scope of my limited and martini fried brain at this point...)

Another way that might help...

There are a total of 123,688 total points (units) for both sides within the battle pack. with the allies having 57% of them... If one looks at Table 11 in the Rule Book on page 8, and compares the 'Major Victory' Pts Totals for each side, those within say 25% of each other are even battles (ex: 'Bloody St. Omer Cappelle" allies =8, axis=10).

Hope this sums up your question... and thank you for your interest, I hope you enjoy

That is all...

-Fredrocker"