Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default One Year Later--What Do You Think?

Today it has been a year since CM x 2 was launched in the form of CMSF. While the Marines module is on the way and a WW II version is under construction. CMSF remains the only game for this engine, which we started talking about in a bit way about three years ago.

What do you think about the current state of CMSF and/or CM x 2?

What are your views with regard to the future of this gaming engine, as it moves to WW II and beyond?

Will the WW II and later releases move closer to their WeGo and/or PBEM routes? If so, will it be enough to win back a significant segment of the the CM x 1 market?

Will the smaller force sizes or bite size pieces of WW II to be offered in the CM x 2 releases restrict interest in those upcoming games?

Especially in light of some music sites with DRM closing and leaving their customers with problems, will eLicense inhibit sales?
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

To be honest, i dont know if ill ever buy any of the new games from them. They will have to make massive and i do mean massive improvements in that game system before i even think of spending any of my cash on it.

On the other hand i hope CMC gets here sooner than later, i cant wait for a copy of that!
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
General der Panzer

I tried the CM:SF demo and wasn't impressed at all. However, my computer struggled to run the thing, so maybe it's better than I thought.

I might consider buying a WWII based game under the new engine, but not until the reviews are in.

Like Kent, I'm waiting on CMC.
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Oberstleutnant

Although I have had limited time to play it I like the potential that it has.
It is a totally new area (Modern warfare) and there are obviously many areas for refinement. BFC seems to give it a good amount of suppport to fix the inevitable problems that come with overhauling the CM engine.
I have only played the computer and that only in "Real time".
I look forward to trying the latest version out Head to Head with Rob whenever the opportunity arises. I will definately get the add ons and look forward to the WW2 version.
That being said I dont have a lot of faith that the engine will ever be able to support the massive pbem games that most here love. It is truly a different animal.
It sort of feels to me like a cross between CC and CM.
If you can find it in a "bargain bin" I would definately suggest it.
Unread 08-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Played the demo, didn't like the real-time element. I wish they'd just expanded upon the CMx1 engine like we all originally assumed they were going to do when this adventure began.

Waiting on CMC like Mark..

My crystal ball says our fortunes lie elsewhere ultimately.