Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Boardgames & Tabletop games

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Allright, I don't understand this crap at all.

I'm at the VASSAL site. The option I see to take is "download the installer for Windows," - at the top left of the page. I got it. Now I have a zip file called VassalWindows. There isn't any help doc in the zip.

And no, I couldn't do the quick launch vassal. Access was denied, even after updating java.

Last edited by KG_Cloghaun; 02-27-2007 at 10:10 AM..
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Generalleutnant

Frank:

Here's my instructions. I literrally just clicked on the "Quick Launch" button and skipped downloading the installer. It will ask you to create a folder to put it in, and I put mine in one called VASSAL. Call me at work if you have problems. I'll send you a PM with the number. If me, the tech idiot, can figure this out, you certainly can.

Vassal is a game engine that allows you to play board games in cyber space. Think of VASSAL as your cyber gaming table and each module as the specific game you put on that table. You get VASSAL at www.vassalengine.org. Just click the quick launch link on the left and it will install. I put mine in my Programs folder and created a folder called VASSAL to house it in. Once that's done, create a sub-folder in your VASSAL folder and name it Modules. Create another one and call it "Saved Games". The following link takes you to a basic tutorial for installing modules for VASSAL: http://wiki.vassalengine.org/doku.php?id=getting_started:getting_started

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

"The Quick launch doesn't work for me"
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Generalleutnant

Wierd. You don't even get a pop up asking you to download the file?

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

"Access to the specified device, path or file is denied."
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Generalleutnant

very strange, because I get the pop-up download when I click it on here at work.

Unread 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

I found an old folder that has Vassal. I remember I went through this grief before trying to get it. I have it now.
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Generalleutnant

I'll e-mail you the jnlp file. Maybe that can get you started.

Unread 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
General der Panzer

Frank, just below the quick launch is another pink message that reads "download the installer." That's the one I used. It will get you the latest version. Here's the link where it takes you: http://www.vassalengine.org/communit...html&Itemid=26 Then click on the web launcher.
Unread 02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Im headed out now to get my DL's. Hopefully ill have them installed and figured out in time for the meeting tonight!