Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper
Default Star Wars: Empire at War Announced

I know a lot of you are Star Wars Freaks like me and I know it probably won't be a very good game but it'll still get my hard earned dollars just because it's a Star Wars RTS game.

Star Wars: Empire at War Announced (PC)
LucasArts finally takes the wraps off its new Star Wars RTS.
By Rainier Van Autrijve | Jan. 21, 2005

LucasArts revealed today that it will give PC players the opportunity to control the fate of the galaxy in an all new real-time strategy game, Star Wars: Empire at War.

Set in between chapters of the two Star Wars series, Empire at War bridges Episode III and Episode IV as wars rage for control of the galaxy after the devastation of the Clone Wars and in the wake of the Jedi slaughter that has disrupted the balance of the force. Developer Petroglyph aims to bring a complex balancing system to the genre so that both inexperienced players and hardcore gamers can immerse themselves in the game.

Petroglyph built an all-new game engine, so that Star Wars: Empire at War will feature beautifully rendered land and space battles set on memorable planets such as Hoth, Tatooine and Dagobah, as well as never-before-seen environments taken directly from the Star Wars films and expanded universe novels. You can choose to join either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, building and setting up tactical forces, but be aware, strategic and tactical elements from previous events will have a permanent effect on the rest of the galaxy.

Star Wars: Empire at War will also include a two-player Empire vs. Rebellion mode, and up to eight player online skirmish modes.

Star Wars: Empire at War is scheduled for release in Fall 2005.

follow this link to get a glimpse at the screenshots, they don't look to shabby IMHO.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-r...html?fromint=1

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Stabsgefreiter

ummm...Star Wars
Unread 02-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Noggs
ummm...Star Wars
@Noggs....

I hope your just trying to be funny.... because if your not.... I am worried about you.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

ive played battlefront on the XBOX and it kicks major ass. all it is is BF42 with a star wars skin on it. but the droid army in the clone wars are awesome to play. :lol:
Unread 02-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Stabsgefreiter

Im not impressed at all and no Im not joking. looks to be another crap ass SW game.