Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

You cant deny his detail to the Cm series...devotion to testing every aspect of the game. I have learned alot from his expose' reports from the feild.
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Leutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post

PRODDERS RULE!!!!
Prodders drool, go Crusaders!!!!!!
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Feldwebel

Just check out how many hits & posts THIS simple thread about POS has generated compared to other "serious" CM theads.

Thats really quite telling in just how involved or not involved the community is in CM.

You'd think a thread on a major scenario (Winter Storm) would generate interest- but not 1 comment about it at this time & it has fewer views to boot.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
The GS Forum would be a silent one if POS had not decended upon it in a tidal wave. As long as he can maintain his cool & ignore the very players that constantly view his threads yet jump on his "self-adoration" he should do fine.
I'd guess he has nearly 6 pages of threads & 4,000 views of them in 1 month. I don't think anyone else has had that many in any 30 day period. He's brought the GS forum back alive without a doubt. (Now if he just doesn't go south on them!)
Katie Couric brought a similar "spike" to the CBS ratings before they fell into a permanent third place. The price for going to her was the dumbing down of the news and a permanent loss of credibility for CBS News.

POS has a much steeper downside. For POS everything comes down to his massive ego and doing things his way and his way only. If he is the price to keep a CM forum going, I would rather see it fade away. Any site that features him will be in my rear view mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Considering that CM is a slowly dying out you'd think anyone that could generate that kind of interest (without starting anything) would be received a little better. Yes, he has his past & if it rears it's ugly head again he should be taken care of quickly. But I doubt that anyone at the GS site will want to turn away someone out of hand who can generate that much traffic in one month.

Look at my CM CD Tourney thread- @60 views & only 6 people respond/comment, if only...
See my comments above concerning traffic and ratings. And yes GS may welcome POS in light of the fact that they have moved from the model of being a site by wargamers and for wargamers to an advertising driven site that went so far as to merge with a trash talking kid oriented game site for the purpose of cashing in.

It is ridiculous to compare a long time international advertising driven game site with paid employees to a club site with a relatively recently opened forum that is paid for and run by club members for the love of their hobby.
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2054172 View Post
I don't see anyone revolting or leaving because of POS. I see more guys from different forums come and read and take part in his posts. Though not all for the right reasons.
Would i have him over to my house for dinner...YES ! AS I would anyone in need of one....relatives or not. I don't believe my Lord would want me to do any less. I see guys who respond to his rants and boasts just as childish as he can be. I know there is no love lost between you guys here at KG and POS. Let him dig his own hole...let us not help him.....maybe if people would help gentlely to guide him, rather then throw the baby out with the bath water, things would be even better.

Thank You
Wayne, as the GS CM mod, what are your limits beyond which you will not go with POS? Are these the same limits and rules you apply to all others?

With regard to dinner, you're a far better man than am I. Spike's actions and recidivism rate would keep him outside my front door. I would not have someone in my home who has repeatedly made racist and other grossly offensive posts in public fora (after which he has almost always been booted). Then there is his dishonestly appearing on the same forum under a number of names... And the beat goes on.
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag View Post
Wayne, as the GS CM mod, what are your limits beyond which you will not go with POS? Are these the same limits and rules you apply to all others?
I hope so....but I am only a man with alot of faults.....I don't always make good choises....but i try and fix it if I have been mistaken.

Quote:
With regard to dinner, you're a far better man than am I. Spike's actions and recidivism rate would keep him outside my front door. I would not have someone in my home who has repeatedly made racist and other grossly offensive posts in public fora (after which he has almost always been booted). Then there is his dishonestly appearing on the same forum under a number of names... And the beat goes on.
I can not take care of GS CM site with out the help of others behind the scenes. I believe all sites including here are a group effort. Team work comes to mind. Lord knows I have said some pretty stupid things over the years, and have become Lord willing a better person once I got off my high horse. Everyone one deserves a second , third, fourth...etc... chance. One must forgive 70 x 70 is that not the case? We do not know POS personally...and the web can give a distroted view if we wish to go there. Until I meet him face to face and look him in the eye, then i will know if he is Ok or not. {need to walk a mile in his shoes} That can be said about anybody. as for multiple names...I believe at GS now they have software that picks that up fairly fast.....seen a few get the boot lately because of it.
All I can say is I was willing to give him another kick at the cat. So far so good.
Input from anyone is always welcome....I am no island.
Thank you
Wayne
Unread 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Feldwebel

Because of this threads title- I would just like it in the record that at GS it was NOT PoS that has caused the recent trouble & attacks on Wayne but all the players that have some weird vendeta against PoS.

I hope everyone here will support Wayne- being a Mod is almost a THANKLESS job, one that you volunteer to do for the good of the CM community. And people wonder why no one wants to Mod a CM forum...

post #51
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/show...t=76024&page=3

Unread 05-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Sorry,

nothing personal, but MD was spot on in his post. The truth hurts. The GS CM forums have sucked all-around for a long time now, ever since you stopped being the mod, Kerry.

And with regard to POS- he is & always has been a shithead who's been more trouble than he's worth & you know damn well I'm right, Kerry.

You should've banned POS 3 years ago from GS when you had the chance.

Wayne should un-ban Michael Dorosh. That guy has alot to offer GS. If ppl are willing to swallow all of POS's bullshit "for the good of the CM community", then they should be able to stomach some of MD's occasional blunt abrasiveness. We're not a bunch of women you know.

my 2 cents
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Feldwebel

There was no call to attack Wayne for trying to maintain peace. (and that post had nothing to do with PoS) That just shows that all the "newcomers" to GS (thanks mostly to PoS being there of course) have no knowledge of what Wayne has done to keep a public CM forum going.

Mike was way out of line in my opinion and if he had attacked me like that out of the blue I might have banned him as well no matter what-ever it is that Mike supposedly has done for CM. What has he offered to GS? Is he running any tourneys? Is he posting any threads- even ONE? Is he posting tactical info? No, No & No. He's just mouthing off like most of the "PoS bashers." Guys like that I have no use for.

PoS is a self promoter, so what? Upon his return to GS he's been a good poster, started a tourney & deflected most of the crude remarks tossed his way. As long as he maintains that he's not a problem- the attackers & baiters are.

There's also a difference between no one posting & a forum sucking. Few guys besides Jag & I have posted threads in the CM forum here in a few months, does that mean it sucks? No, it might mean that most players have seen "it" before so no need to post about "it" again.

Wayne's just a guy like us who likes playing a game & stepped up when everyone else stepped back. I wouldn't be surprised if he says kiss-*** and leaves. Theres just no call to attack him like that. There's a reason I wouldn't take over any CM forum's after I left GS, and trust me I've been asked a lot. Theres no way now I'd Mod a forum again.

Last edited by Palantir; 05-16-2008 at 01:56 AM..
Unread 05-16-2008, 03:07 AM
General der Panzer

There are other forums on the internet besides this one?