Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default CMSF v.106 Patch to Be Released in Early '08

With a bit more about the next (what appears to be mini) patch and how Battlefront plans to roll out, price and fix/improve its CM x 2 products, here's their post from about 24 hours ago:

Battlefront.com
Administrator
Member # 42

posted December 18, 2007 01:37 PM We intend to release a v1.06 patch within a few weeks. We need to fix a couple more of the pressing issues (low walls was the most important) and get it tested. Remember, rushing the last part of testing is why the low wall problem is there in the first place We also have to allow for an extra week just because of the Holidays. The problem with volunteers is that they can't be forced to work, the little buggers!

We HOPE that changes to CM:WW2 can be made available to CM:SF customers. At least some of the major structural changes. It may not be possible, though. I suppose if we have to put a lot of effort into getting the CM:SF data to work with the improvements we might roll them into a Module or an "upgrade". Time will tell.

My point here is that if we can pass new stuff backwards with little effort (no mistake about it, there will be effort involved) we will do so at no charge. If we have to devote significant resources to reconciling the old with the new, then we're going to have to ask for something in return. Not to worry though, it will be very reasonable if it comes to that. For one, I'm hoping we can just give the stuff away free

Steve

Link:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...429;p=8#000196
Unread 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Feldwebel

CM:WW2?

Where did that remark come from?

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
CM:WW2?

Where did that remark come from?
As far as I know, it has not been defined by Battlefront.

The CM x 2 engine is supposed to be able to handle almost any conflict. So my best guess is that it is a description of the subject of a line of games planned for the CM x 2 engine. Others might be-- CM:Korea or CM:Space Lobsters of Doom.
Unread 02-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Feldwebel

So the patch is out- I could care less. They burnt that SF bridge long ago.
And until BF issues an appology for saying CMx1 buyers are "stupid" and just simple minded for buying all 3 of them in the first place (that includes me) I won't buy a single game from them.

I don't want to play an RT game on this scale so a no WeGo game = no sales to me even if they make a CMx2 WW2 version.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne