Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default Call of Duty 2

Wow! Incredible single player cmapaigns that put you right in the thick of it. Outstanding gameplay and smooth as silk both in single player and online. Very impressed and certainly recommend it to anyone with a hankering for FPSs. Will post screenies as able.
Unread 11-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad

I got to try the demo version on xbox 360. It looks like a very fun game! Very nice looking!

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Unread 11-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Oberschutze

I've never felt entirely comfortable playing games in the CoD/MoH mould. Enemies seem too 'human' to me. I can happily slaughter aliens or gross caricatures and mow down enemies at a scale of CM and higher but killing another human being at a one-to-one level just makes me feel uneasy.
Unread 11-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

What draws me to games like this is the realism, It almost makes you feel like your in a time machine and fighting in the thick of things... when you can immerse yourself in a game to where all you see is the action like your looking through the eyes of someone who was there you can't go wrong...

Thats why I can't wait for Ghost Recon 3!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Well, after finishing the Russian Campaign and being halfway through the British campaign and also putting in about 3 hours worth of multiplayer time I can safely say that the quality of this product makes DoD:S look like it was hacked together by a bunch of pimple faced teenage amatures (which incidentally it was...) Those who continue to play DoD et al. have fun. HL2, DoD, CS:S are all uninstalled. I am waiting for the next HOI expansion to be released to trade HL2 in on it. In the meantime, cheers from Tunisia!

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 11-22-2005 at 01:17 AM..
Unread 11-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Leutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Monty
I've never felt entirely comfortable playing games in the CoD/MoH mould. Enemies seem too 'human' to me. I can happily slaughter aliens or gross caricatures and mow down enemies at a scale of CM and higher but killing another human being at a one-to-one level just makes me feel uneasy.
@ Monty LOL, I hope nobody enjoys that......

My son just shot his first deer, one shot through the lungs. 6 ribs (3 on each side) were shattered and the lungs and heart were pulped. People have no idea of the damage caused 150 grain bullet traveling @ 2900 fps. Hollywood does us a huge disservice minimizing gunshot wounds.
Makes my blood run cold
Unread 11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Oberschutze

..... and the MoH/CoD type games are more 'Hollywood' than anything.

I was discussing which Xbox 360 games people were looking forward to getting and at one point someone was undecided whether to get CoD2 or 'Quake 4'. I recommended Quake for its escapism, despite all the gore! He chose CoD because he wanted something more realistic.