Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Your Version is designed to keep the match hard for someone who has played it already and lost, as he knows basically how things go. Yes you have a few more units, but the Russians also have a LOT more units; your handful extra is just to make it not too impossible.

Schrecky, yeah,,thats gamey lol...the best thing to do is to hide him somewhere if you want to conserve ammo.
Unread 05-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_ThorsHammer
Schrecky, yeah,,thats gamey lol...the best thing to do is to hide him somewhere if you want to conserve ammo.
Yeah i knew it was before i asked the question but i still had to ask. you never know, you might of said yes! lol. :mrgreen:
Unread 05-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Generaloberst

well im on turn 23 now and reinforcements for me continue to trickle in. i havent lost any infantry to speak of yet other than the odd man from a squad here and there and i havent lost any more AVF's, although i have lost the main gun on my Panther. :x :cry: i have killed a few shermans with a couple of schreck teams and i continue to kill mountains of russian infantry. its like shooting fish in a barrel. :twisted: though im sure all that could change anytime soon.

Hans Rudel and his Pals flew over for several turns and i heard lots of shell riccochets but i dont know if they did any good or not. a lot of my reinforcements are trapped on the far left side of the map because they cant risk crossing the streets due to russian tank fire. its killing me not being able to use that Tiger with 51 HE rounds. the cowardly russian tankists wont advance their armor up the streets anymore because they know their tanks will die in a hail of Schrecks, Fausts, Grenade Bundles ect.....

i have my platoon of Charlemagne SS boys outfront of everyone else in an advanced infantry ambush posistion in the "New Reichskanlei" building and they continue to rack up an unbeliveable amount of kills. so far they have killed 15 full infantry squads and one leader plus they made 2 infantry units "teleport" off of the map when they ambushed them at point blank range, LOL! :P check out the pic below for the body piles. the PC attacks so stupidly. but we all know that.

Unread 05-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Oberfeldwebel

good stuff!

not afraid yet? You will be,,you will be :lol:

PS: sometimes one must look beneath for salvation
Unread 05-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Oberfeldwebel

I'd love to see everyones progress,,keep the files coming!
Unread 05-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_ThorsHammer
PS: sometimes one must look beneath for salvation
You figure out a way to get a Tiger through sewers let me know! :P
Unread 05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Oberfeldwebel

I need more time! lol

Not very many infantry casualties for sure, your armour has taken the teeth out of the enemies attack thus far, but look slike the SH#! is about to hit the fan!!
Unread 06-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Generalleutnant

Well I made it to Turn 29 of Devoured by the Devil (Part 2) before my 61 good order troops and my PZIV surrendered to the enemy. I was proud of my boys who over the course of two battles inflicted 2800 casualties and destroyed over 100 vehicles. They gave it their all!

I played a slightly different version of Game 1 (because I wasn't good enough to beat the first version!) but I'm sure the experience will be similar for those of you playing now. I've grown pretty attached to my men and feel like I know the Berlin map inside and out!
Unread 06-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Oberfeldwebel

well done,,do you have the end file for me to look at? :)
Unread 06-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Generalleutnant

I'll try to send it this evening. I finished it up last night after I sent you the batch of intermediate files.

I'll probably try Devoured again with a different set up. I had Russian global morale on the ropes at 26%. Unfortunately mine hit a record low of 6% before my guys surrendered! BTW, a PZIV can take out an IS3 from the rear!