Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Oberschutze

Default A Challenge.

Hi guys.

I came across your site a few weeks ago.

As a menmber of another 'CM Clan' (A Few Good Men) I wondered if you guys fancy a bit of a challenge?

(Your C in C kindly let me on to your message board to try and drum up some interest/ideas.)

Nothing too big, (i know you guys are busy,) but any takers?

A six player round robin was originally proposed but my guys think this may be too big/unworkable...

(Nice site by the way.)
Unread 02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Generalleutnant

Do you have anything in particular in mind? How many players from your group are interested in playing?
Unread 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Oberschutze

Quite a few.

But i was thinking, just to kick it off, maybe a '3v3'. QBs. Something like that.
Unread 02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

I have 3 KG members besides myself-

KG_Cloghaun (me)
KG_Thorshammer
KG_Jag
KG_Koz

who are willing to take part in a Multiplayer game vs 4 of your players. I am turning this over to KG_Thorshammer who will go over details with you, MrYormsha. Let's keep everything on the table for discussion right now and first agree on some basics and then we'll take it from there.

KG_Cloghaun
Unread 02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Oberschutze

Mate.

Most of my guys seem a little reluctant to engage in a 4v4 multiplayer. (in fact most of them seem reluctant to play in a 3v3 multiplayer...)

Wouldn't it be simpler to just play 4 battles 1v1?

4 seems a good number.

4 meeting engagements, or two attack two defend...?

(This multiplayer thing seems to have my boys in a tailspin.)
Unread 02-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Oberschutze

I've stuck a post up asking our boys if they fancy playing 2 2player team games.

I'll let you know what the response is.

How does that sound?
Unread 02-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Oberfeldwebel

greetings. was just at your site and noticed the campaign being designed. Good stuff. we are currently playing an inter clan multiplayer mini campaign I just designed..much more basic than most ive seen but i tried to keep it simple. I think a single multiplayer match, 4 on 4 would be possible with players who can get turns out fairly quickly. It is just a matter of issuing orders for ones own troops and then saving it and sending the file to the next fellow commander. It could be a lot of fun. If that is too overwhelming, a pair of 2 vs 2 matches could also be possible, with the pairs switching up when done their first games. The total points could decide the ultimate victors. large quick battles could be made of 5,000 points per side, or custom scenarios could be created with a neutral party adding the forces for each side when players have chosen them. Our members value fairplay and sportsmanship and would rather lose a great game than win a boring one. A clan duel would provide some "serious fun" that everyone would look forward to.
Unread 02-23-2005, 05:23 AM
Oberschutze

Hello there.

Ok. How about this:

2 games of 2v2. (i'm pretty sure I can get this sorted.)

You guys design a map, and we design a map. (Which can then be imported into a QB.)

It just gets away from those 'one team starts from one side of the board the other team starts from the opposite side of the board'. Which can be a bit dull. (What i had in mind was a Russian forward elements and an ad hoc retreating German kampfgruppe rush to gain control of a bridge. late '44.)

All teams play from both sides. And all games run simultainious.

And I agree wholeheartedly with the 'sportsmanship is everything' sentiments being expressed here.
Unread 02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Oberfeldwebel

was going to suggest mirrored play but went the other way lol.
I too hate little meeting engagements so your proposition sounds fun. To clarify; One pair will play on one of the maps while the other pair plays on the second map? How would you like the forces to be selected?....each player controlling a different branch? Any restrictions you guys prefer?
Unread 02-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Oberschutze

I've emailed a map to your CinC. I haven't played on it so its untested, but I could email it to you if you'd like a look.

We could play on two different maps or all play on the same map. I don't mind.

As for who controls what, i don't mind. different branches, or players take it in turns, or both players consult with each other. I'm easy.