Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 09-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Aries

Default My First Post

Howdy gang.

Well being as I was invited, I am of course pleased (that anyone would want to :) ).

As everyone that knows me already knows, I'm quite the opinionated SOB :) (well I'm opinionated at least, mom was married at the time hehe).

Thanks to a recent move, I became de-shoped, but on the upside, I gained a genuine hobby room (previous was admitedly a room, but it was only slighty more than a large walk in closet hehe).

So while I might have to put woodworking on long term indefinite hold (anyone want to just give me a house?) it is likely I will become a lot MORE active in other hobbies.

That includes wargames eh :)

Been in a large way sort of wargame dormant last year or so (amazing how the stress of moving can completely shut down your interest in anything eh).

My input here might be spotty at best. Most of my wargaming is of the largely looks like a board game sort.
But there's hope, Les thinks CM is the only 3d wargame worth playing so far (so I suppose that will make every smiles all round hehe).

BF42 is my idea of the better shooter game (I come to that conclusion watching buddies play). Have not seen BF2 yet though.

I suppose the biggest way I can add to the forum, is to be the resident grumpy turn using hex loving grognard who is the ultimate test of anything RT, 3d or FPS oriented. Hey if Les likes it, you'll love it eh.

Question? did I miss a memo, or is there a theme going on here with regards to the names?
Should I have picked KG_Aries hehe

Last edited by Aries; 09-16-2005 at 05:04 PM..
Unread 09-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Aries

Testing to see if my sig works.

Oh and what is the requirement to gain an Avatar?

Can't seem to choose one, or rather can't seem to figure out the process.
Unread 09-16-2005, 05:36 PM
General der Panzer

Default Welcome

If you're an opinionated SOB, you'll find yourself right at home with this pack of miscreants (I fit into this category), evangelical catholics (KG_AGC), and lawyers (too many for my feeble mind to remember). Don't let the lawyers frighten you away; they only act like their smart. We know the truth (those of us fortunate enough not to be lawyers).

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the Avatar. I'll try to get our resident IT slave KG_Cooper to post an answer for you.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 09-16-2005 at 05:49 PM..
Unread 09-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

I love opinionated bastards. Gives me food for thought... and ammo for the rant.

Evangelical Catholic... has quite a ring to it. I guess it could be an accurate description, however, you won't catch me telling you you will go to hell if you don't (insert participle {Soldier will correct my sentense contruction} here). But I will render opinions and views as seen from behind my particular set of lenses.

A hearty welcome to a fellow boardgamer! (TReich, ASL, SL, Third World War, Vietnam, etc.)

As to avatars, go to User CP and you can find it from there.
Unread 09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

We men of letters [as in J.D. and not S.O.B.] have not yet decided whether we will secure an injunction against KG_Soldier, or mandate a cage match between him and KG_AGCent.

Come to think about, why not do both!
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Oh the Horror...the horror!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 09-18-2005, 07:25 PM
General der Panzer

Wink

See how touchy a lawyer can be. I make one little prejorative statement, and he threatens injunction! I'm sure the other sheep err lawyers will agree with his reasoning.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 09-18-2005 at 07:30 PM..
Unread 09-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

After input from the non-lawyers in KG, we're leaning toward the cage match.
Unread 09-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries
Testing to see if my sig works.

Oh and what is the requirement to gain an Avatar?

Can't seem to choose one, or rather can't seem to figure out the process.
Try to add an avatar now.... I think there was an incorrect setting... doh!
-steve
Unread 09-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Oberschutze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries
Should I have picked KG_Aries hehe
Maybe 'Cagey Les'