Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 01-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Ponyri Multiplayer: Werf's Russian Team

Ponyri Russian Units

Initial set-up

Kerry (Russian right)

A. Armor & vehicles

1. T-70s 6th pl., except for vehicle #2

2. SU-76M 4th pl.

3. M-17 AA HT 4th pl., veh. #2

B. Guns

1. 85 mm AA all

2. 76.2 mm 27th team

3. 57 mm 37th team

4. 45 mm 32nd team

C. Arty—none

D. Sharpshooters 6th team

E. Flamethrowers 6th & 9th teams

F. Tank Hunters 19th, 20th & 24th teams

G. ATRs 1st, 2nd,7th & 8th teams

H.12.7 mm HMG 1st team

I. Maxims--D Co.—2nd pl., 1st team; 3rd pl., 2nd & 3rd teams

J. Mortars A Co., 2nd team

K. Infantry (non specialty grunts)

1. A Co. none

2. B Co. none

3. C Co. Co. HQ; 1st & 2nd pl.

4. D Co. [HW] 1st & 2nd pl. HQs

5. E Co. [Pion] none

Mark (Russian center and principle reserves for entire force, including most of armor)

A. Armor & vehicles

1. SU-122s all

2. KVs all

3. T-34s 3rd pl.

4. M-17 AA HT 4th pl., veh. #3

B. Guns

1. 76.2 mm 28th & 29th teams

2. 45 mm 46th & 47th teams

C. Arty

1. 132 mm rkts 43rd team

2. 122 mm 42nd team

D. Sharpshooters 11th, 13th & 14th teams

E. Flamethrowers 7th & 8th teams

F. Tank Hunters 16th, 22nd & 26th teams

G. ATRs Pl HQ and 6th team

H.12.7 mm HMG 3rd & 4th teams

I. Maxims

1. B Co., 1st team
2. C Co., 1st team

3. D Co.—1st pl., 2nd & 3rd teams; 2nd pl., 3rd team; 3rd pl., 1st team

J. Mortars--A Co., 3rd team

K. Infantry (non specialty grunts)—Batt. HQ

1. A Co. Co. HQ; 1st, 2nd & 3rd pl.

2. B Co. 1st & 2nd pl.

3. C Co. none.

4. D Co. [HW] none

5. E Co. [Pion] 2nd pl.

Bill (Russian left)

A. Armor & vehicles

1. T-34s 2nd pl.

2. T-70s 6th pl., vehicle #2 (only)

3. SU-76M 5th pl.

4. M-17 AA HT 4th pl., veh. #1 & #4

B. Guns

1. 76.2 mm 30th team

2. 57 mm 36th team

3. 45 mm 31st, 34th & 35th teams

C. Arty

1. 132 mm rkts 44th team (to be used against bridge on first turn)

2. 120 mm 41st team

D. Sharpshooters 10th team

E. Flamethrowers 5th team

F. Tank Hunters 15th, 17th, 18th, 21st, 23rd & 25th teams

G. ATRs 3rd, 4th, 5th & 9th teams

H.12.7 mm HMG 2nd team

I. Maxims

1. A Co., 1st team

2. D Co.

a. 1st pl., 1st team

b. 2nd pl., 2nd team

J. Mortars

1. B Co.—all (2nd & 3rd teams)

2. C Co.—all (2nd & 3rd teams)

K. Infantry (non specialty grunts)

1. A Co. none

2. B Co. Co. HQ & 3rd pl.

3. C Co. 3rd pl.

4. D Co. [HW] Co. HQ & 3rd pl. HQ

5. E Co. [Pion] Co. HQ & 1st pl.
Unread 01-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

3/29/04--Here the crushing of our German opponent will be transcribed for future generations to read. This will be a tough fight gentlemen. Make Mother Russia proud!

4/7/04--OC KG_Werfer has assigned each of us our respective forces. The password for his file and all saved from it is: redstar

I have plotted a first proposed initial placement of my forces, which are assigned to defend our left. I sent that file to each of you five days ago. From e-mails that he has sent, I know that Comrade Kerry has begun the same process of establishing the initial placement of his brave defenders on our right. However, I have not yet seen the results of his efforts in terms of a saved game file. Likewise I have not yet heard from the OC concerning Kerry's suggestion of possible force swaps for company alignment purposes, and a question he had concerning the line between his command and that of OC Werfer.

I look forward to our rapid deployment and beginning the game in the next four days. I state this because I anticipate the need to split my duties between Ponryi and the 4th round of the Warfare HQ KOS Tournament fields of honor, which duties are slated to commence on or about April 12.

Let us meet around at the TS war table in the next couple days. By that time we should make sure that all have received the proposed initial placement of all Russian forces. With them we shall create the stakes upon which the Bosch will impale themselves.

4/11/04--Bill, Please use your own discretion in our MP battle and re-do the split of units as you see fit.

I apologize gentlemen for not being able of late to do much of anything and for not going out earlier on and suggesting that someone else needs to be the over all commander of this thing.

4/11/04--Mark we just want the best for you and your fast return to full strength.

Mark and I have agreed that I will serve as Acting OC until Mark is back to full strength and ready to resume his duties as OC.

4/28/04--Having viewed the movie file from the first turn:

While Kerry's M-17 may have been the first casualty, it was not the only one. Marks's M-17 (vehicle 3) shot down a German dive bomber. Ok it was a bi-plane Henschel HS 123A, but it is a good start!
I spotted three German vehicles. What appears to be a halftrack is advancing parallel to the left of the railroad track on our right-center. Two vehicles, probably a tanks and halftrack are advancing in my sector near the left edge of map.
Our rockets displayed their typical accuracy and apparently did nothing to the bridge. But I'm hoping they hit some Bosche troops in the wheat field behind it or in the nearby trees.
It is noted that the only German preplanned arty/rocket strike was on our far right side. It appears to be centered on the little clump of trees ahead of the abandoned M-17.

Acting OC Jag out

5/1/04--Comrades the file that will generate the second movie turn is now in our hands. Plan well for the defense of Mother Russian against the charge of the Fascist elephants!

We need to get together on TS as soon as we get a little more definitive look at what the Germans are doing, what they are doing it with, and where they are doing it. For now let’s get our tanks and assault guns buttoned and under the cover of scattered trees ASAP. We need to keep them out of prying eyes of the German flyers, of which there is one less after the first 60 seconds of combat.

For now I want as many infantry type units as possible to spot. That is especially true for any unit with binoculars. Only our ATRs, snipers and maybe mortars should even consider firing at the Germans in these very early turns. The only possible exception to this is if we spot a large number of Germans gathering around one or our TRPs, in which case we might burn some arty to spoil their party.

Since the Germans will have to move and we will mostly be undercover waiting for them, they should have the biggest concern with attackers from the sky, at least in the first third to half of the game.

5/504--We have spotted significant German forces on our right center, but the main attack appears to be assembling on our far right. We have already been the recipient of two arty/rocket barrages in that area.

I adjusted the arc settings on Kerry’s ATR. I changed them to target armor only (no big deal), and extended them. These guys have plenty of ammo and are very hard to spot. I see no reason to prevent them from shooting at just about any armor target that they can see. At a minimum they will likely make the target button up.

Speaking of buttoning up, I have made sure that almost all our vehicles (except AA halftracks) are in this position. I do not want to lose crew to air attacks or tree bursts.

Mark I agree with your comment made last night on TS that you should begin to position your KVs and T-34s on our right side to meet the likely German thrust on our far right. Next turn start to move them in the direction of the likely threat and in support of Kerry’s right. Use scattered trees and other cover to do this. You may also consider running them down the roads between the buildings. But if so beware of our own foxholes. Going directly over them will slow you down and leave you exposed to Jerry’s planes.

5/5/04--will move 2 t34's and a platoon of KV1's towards our rear right flank next movement turn. Hopefully the German rocket attack will do no more damage on Kerry’s position on top of the hill.

Another couple of turns or so and we should have a good idea on where they are and then we have to get together on TS and co-ordinate our moves. This early there isn't much to do, we need to sit tight and wait I think until they show themselves.

Mark

5/11/04--It is now turn four. We have spotted Germans (either active or last known spot) in the following sectors: B-5, B-14, C-1, C-6, C-13, C-15, D-1, D-7, D-9, D-14, D-15, E-16, and the largest concentration is at E-11 & 12. They are obviously using jeeps and other vehicles to move up their heavy weapons and other slow moving infantry types. At this early stage, let’s carefully balance risk and reward in our decisions of whether or not to open up on them with anything other than ATRs, mortars and well concealed HMGs . We still have much to learn about Jerry’s intentions and the spotting of his specific units. So let’s continue to keep our units with binocs sharp and looking for him.

Finally I expect to see more enemy from the skies in the very near future. So keep all our AFVs, except for our M-17s, buttoned up unless there is very good reason not to do so.
OC Jag out

5/12/04 by Palantir: Hail Comrades!

The road to this command post has become fraught with dangers as of late.

My section staff and I have had to avoid falling Luftwaffe parts, incoming smoke shells and dodge numerous Stuka strafes. Where is the Red Star Airforce?

The Huns are quickly massing on my front causing my young Cossack boys to become nervous. I've assured them that the Guards formations on our flank will HOLD their ground, no matter the costs.

We must bide our time until we unleash the weight of Mother Russian upon the invaders heads

Now, where's that wondrous Volga Caviar that Gen. Werfer has been talking so much about? And comrade Bill, don't hog the "vodka keg" as usual, leave some for the rest of us this time!

5/13/04--The vodka keg you can have, but the vodka is mine!

We are now issuing our orders for turn 5. It’s too bad that we don’t have an ATR with LOS of their armored car in our TRP on the road. I don’t yet see any target or group of targets worth spending our arty/rockets. I would like to get some HMG fire on their heavy weapons teams that are riding what appear to assault guns in the middle of the map, but they have smoked our bunker, which appears to be the only such unit with LOS. My assessment is that we are still and should remain in a “wait and watch posture for the time being.

5/14/04--Oh, was the caviar to have been shared? Never fear, there is more arriving soon as well as schnapps taken from the fascist invaders shortly!

Not to bad a damage from the Luftwaffe so far, 1 immobile t34 (with flank facing the Germans!) and a couple of crew members in 2 others as casualties. soon our brave air warriors will return the favor comrades.

Whenever we can arrange it, it may be a good idea for us to meet on TS, there is some trouble brewing up shortly I fear.

Mark

5/13/04—I am available to meet on TS either tonight (Thursday) or Friday. Mark and Kerry, please let me know what date and times work best for you.

5/16/04--Kerry and Mark I’m sure that you watched the movie turn we got this weekend—tough luck with the KV in the scattered trees that was spotted and wacked by their Stuka! Our AA HTs are still firing at it, so some revenge may still be in the cards.

At least we punched some holes in a number of his scout vehicles. speaking of which there are two, an armored car on our right and a jeep on our left, doing the map edge recon mambo.

We'll meet tomorrow (Monday) on TS at 9:00 p.m. CDT.

5-20-04--Will be a couple more turns before their scouting routes are known for sure. Nice to see those brave AT rifle teams scoring hit after hit so far.

BTW: The replacement vodka rations have arrived everyone.......Drink now for we no not what tomorrow holds........

5/28/04--We are punching holes in their light armor that they have sent forward for recon purposes. as many holes as our brave ATRs have punched into them, the only surprise is that they still live!

They are also advancing what appear to be half squads of infantry in the front of the sector line that separates Mark's command from Kerry's. We have set up a little cross-fire machine gun surprise for those units who advance a little too far.

Tomorrow morning, I begin a 1,800 mile road trip and will be out on internet range until about June 1. From then until the following Sunday night I can be reached only on my web e-mail:

wburbach@netscape.net

or

wburbach@yahoo.com

So please send any messages or turns/files to one of these addresses until June 6th, the 60th Anniversary of the D-Day landings.

6/1/04 by Palantir--Think Jag's "road trip" will fool the Huns?

Great idea his 1,800 KM recon- ride around the Axis positions, he would have made JEB Stuart proud!

Which side of the river do you think will be vulnerable?

6-3-04--I wish that my road trip was only 1800 KM. It turns out that it was more than 1,900 miles, and it covered only four states, including Texas. No Germans were sited, but I did kill a flying bird with the box of the 15 foot truck that I was driving.

We finally have a telephone line here in Reno--well sort of. The mental giants at SBC hooked up our house's second line at the gray box. The only trouble is that there has never been a second line here. All the jacks are connected to the first line. Funny that Nevada Bell never had that problem. So to get a telephone line, I'm running a long extension line from the box on the side of the house through the sliding door that goes to our backyard and from there it almost reaches the kitchen. I only have about three feet of play once the cord is in the house.

Despite these problems, I'll be back up to speed, as soon as Marks sends me the files that I missed before heading out on Saturday morning.

6/8/04--I made a few teaks in targeting, arcs, etc. The most important thing I did is to target our mortar spotter near the water tower with 250 rounds to a TRP in the road. His rounds should start to fall in 43 seconds. If we not catching enough targets, we can call him off next turn.

Mark since we don’t know where there heavies are headed and probably have not spotted but a small portion of what Jerry has, your decision to keep our medium and heavy tanks were they are seems to be a good one. Kerry’s AFVs that are firing now may bait them into coming a little closer, perhaps exposing some important target within the killing range of our guns in the next couple of turns or so, and/or prompting our enemy into uncovering more of his AFVs.

Comrade Acting OC Jag out

6/17/04--The Red Air forces seems to be targeting some massed fascist troops in the German rear, maybe they will panic and run.
The German artillery seems to be targeting areas that are open, we can only hope that the accuracy remains the same

6/18/04 by Palantir--The weight is certainly falling on our flanks, hopefully it will allow for some side shots at his armor. The mortar rounds should be starting to fall next round.

6/25/04--Nice spread with our last remaining 132mm rocket spotter! We may have not kia'd and tanks, but the infantry riding forwards on them sure must fell a bit "panicky" for the next few turns!.
1 Pz3 kia'd, and another being targeted now by our 57mm gun. Our fascist friends may just change their tactics over there some now.

6/25/04--The timing and location of our rocket attack were both almost perfect. They even fell near the TRP where we had aimed them. I just wish that at least one of our rockets had found its mark on the top of a German heavy AFV. Not much we can do about that issue. Still I think that we did some damage.

In light of my travels, let’s get together on TS Sunday 9:00 p.m. CDT. I'm making it an hour later than usual because I will be in the Pacific Time Zone for the next two weeks. Tomorrow we have a full day planned at the Blues and Brew Fest here in Reno.

6/26/04--9 PM Central it is Bill, will do my best to meet our appointment.

Would have a bit better if our 132 spotter's shots had fallen farther away from the TRP instead of more towards us, but then we can't complain to much, at least they landed close!

The Tiger most nearest to the TRP may have lost a crew member, it buttoned just as the barrage started, whether or not it was from a rocket attack, or the sniper firing at the same time the barrage started, we don't know.
Was nice to see the Luftwaffe miss badly for once

6/26/04--Sorry guys, I am very tired--I meant to say our meeting on TS with be Sunday at 10:00 CDT, which is an hour later than our usual meeting time.

7/5/04 by Palantir--Next turn more big shells will be falling on that TRP lets hope those VI's don't move!

7/5/04--Turn 13 was a good one for us. We killed 3 German tanks, two other vehicles and caused them more infantry casualties. It looks like they are making a halftrack assault on our far left on the edge of the map, and are preparing for a similar move on our far right.

Let's see if we can cause them even more headaches in turn 14!

7/11/04--Nothing too different this turn.

We will continue to have arty fall near to where the bulk of German armor and support vehicles, along with infantry that have assembled beyond our right flank. This is clearly their main assault.

I am positioning guns arcs, armor and the pill box on our left to meet the Germans at their next point of advance (or the one after that). Still waiting for his Pz IIIs to move into the cover arc of my 45 mm ATG.

We will continue our fire on infantry and vehicles in the middle to the end of sapping what strength is remaining in that secondary push/probe.

7/26/04--From Kerry:

Another fun turn.

Right Flank- we had two “oh so close” hits with my big ARTY near his Tigers- if that doesn’t disable one of them then!!!!! His inf & armor continue their slow advance.

Center- DANG!!! We are now going to be in trouble here.

"If his PSW222 can drive right through our lines into the “rear” he won’t be as slow as he once was, not to mention he now has a clear path through the minefields. That Tiger in the rear turner out to be a PzIV, looks like all the Tigers are deployed on my side. To bad about our T-34, it dies but a PSW drives around carefree-serious troubles.

Left- Still looks good, let’s hope the 45 can zero in on those PzIII’s. If not he doesn’t have long to live."

&/26/04--Our HQ 10th platoon SU-122 bogged last turn.

Kerry please halt it and put it in reverse to open ground when you plot your orders. I will double check it when I plot. With at least two of us on call, we will have the best chance of it not becoming immobile next turn by forgetting about it.

8/31/04--Hi Bill,

I ran across this interesting photo while looking for Soviet tanks picts – the label said it was a T-34 “dug-in” at the Train Station at “Ponryi,” during the battle of Kursk.

I have to say that probably looks like one of “our” tanks about now. J

Kerry

[If we could, picture would be placed here.]

Very interesting, Kerry. I hope that the real one got off a few more shots and did more (= some) damage more than ours did!

Bill

P. S.

Kerry and I believe that most or all of the all too numerous German tanks IDed as Tigers, are really Ferdinands. We don't recall seeing any machine gun fire from them; they aren't carrying any infantry and seem to have very little HE.[/img]

9/6/04 by Palantir--Pass that vodka over here Bill. "hic!"

anks? Did someone "hic" say the yanks are, are coming?
"Hic"

We should, "hic" go, go, go out & greet them "hic."

Ah, for.. for.. 4get it. "hic."

let them come & greet us, "hic!"

9/8/04 by Palantir--Are you kidding me!

Is there a single Soviet unit out there that can shoot straight or isn't drunk?

The 85's were next to worthless and the Red AF & their "Piper-cubs" are standing right next to them in that category.

The Germans in this scenario are just meandering in like they're invading Denmark and the Soviets "allotted" defenses are just about the same as what the Danes had.

Could someone check to see if this is really a "Kursk" scenario?

Petrov, more vodka, maybe I'll pass out and won't wake up until the war is over!

9/20/04--Here's an interesting link concerning the Ferdinand:

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ferdinand/

9/22/04--Suspicions are confirmed this turn: at least AFV previously IDed as a Tiger is in fact a Ferdinand. It is the one closest to our troops defending our right flank.

9/23/04 by Palantir--The Ferdinand article was very interesting Jag!

May I offer that your units be allowed the honor of being the first to try tossing a Molotov thru that rear hatch!

Doof! I forgot we have to let them "pass" by us first, HA!

That should be no problem...

Just so you know we've decided to break out the caviar now on our side and not wait for our "victory party" afterwards.

10/5/04--The algorithm (and other) gods are unquestionably against us! Our 45 mm 47th team achieved 2 penetrations and 3 partial penetrations on an assault gun in 33 seconds. Is it dead, or even immobilized? No! Instead of being junk, it is turning to fire at our 45mm. With our fortune to date, I'm sure it can still fire!

The "good" new is that we knocked out a kubelwagon and got a probable on a truck.

10/11/04 by Palantir--We got a truck too?!!!

WOW, woot! YEA!!!

Next turn we might even pop a 1/2T.
Now wouldn't that be something! HA!

10/29/04 by Palantir--Did you see that?
What a great turn for the Allies (#33), we must have knocked out 3 halftracks at the loss of only 2 tanks.

Now I'd call that the best exchange ratio we've had yet in this game.
If we keep it up we'll have them down to 12 halftracks before we run out of tanks...

Who cares about all those Ferdinands rampaging about freely, lets kill some 1/2tracks!

10/29/04 by GDS_Starfury--that article was funny, a big hole for recoil........LOL
if that Soviet commentary is real my guess is they were tearing up PZ-4 with schurtzen.

11/3/04--Hi Bill,

Here you are.

That was a good hit on the Stug, maybe we’ll kill it this round. Sadly that T-70 with his (only) 2 Tungsten rounds has a better chance to knock out the Tigers & Ferd’s than do our T-34’s.

At least we’re cutting into his transport abilities to attack the remaining VF locations.

I see his trucks dropped off the INF very quickly, HA! That will mean another long walk to get to our VF buildings.

Also, I see his INF are moving up towards your SU-76’s, watch out for a rush.

Kerry
-----------------

I will be backing up my three pieces of armor on our left flank. Hopefully their departing shots will take out some of his infantry that moved up toward the last turn.

Bill

11/5/04--HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

What a turn Bill- it sums up our whole effort!

That lone little T-70 is tearing the German armor apart & stopping the advance, one dead Stug already & then putting a big gun hit on that Ferdinand.

Those T-70 Tungsten rounds were the only weapon we had vs them.

And it’s pathetic because I believe we only had 1 T-70 with Tungsten rounds, all 2 of them…

BTW- the INF mines sure took a toll on the Germans in the woods near your sniper; I think 4 German squads all told hit the same minefield.

I also saw their engineers wasting a ton of ammo & explosives to clear out a couple of mines beyond our “frontline.”

Then they’re wasting an ARTY strike against the scattered trees where I have 2 Inf squads heading for the central VF location.

Good move on your part anticipating that PzG rush for the armor & backing them up- well done. J

They are now using the empty trucks as recon in the center.

If we can destroy them it will really hurt their ability to advance on the VF locations- tired INF is weak INF.

Good plan of yours for going after the German INF.

Kerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if I had not been changing my e-mail address, I might have been able to see this last movie file!

Bill

11/13/04--Hi Bill,

One word- YES!!!!!!

HA HA!! Talk about all our ambushes coming to fruit this turn. J

That Tank Hunter of yours hiding silently in the woods got that last PzIII and driving right along where I thought he would!

Plus my KV got a turret hit on the PzIII on my side by the RR factory.

Too bad it all happened in the last few seconds; now we’ll have to wait until next turn to verify them as kills.

And way too bad that we don’t have more powerful tanks, 3, count them 3 Panzers driving sideways right into view only 120 m away from my “ambushing” T-34! Oh for the wanting of 3 tungsten rounds! ;(

I also can’t believe my SU-76 escaped backwards from all that Axis INF in those trees!

All in all a good 60 seconds for us. J

Kerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a good minute of action for us. Hopefully it will give our German friend some pause before launching another all out push. However on my side (our left), I wouldn't mind if they threw caution to the wind.

The next movie turn should be very interesting and point the direction for the next five turns or so.

Bill

11/13/04--A letter to KG_Werfer, who is still on sick leave and out of action for the moment:

Hi Mark,

I hope you can print these off and see our situation [battlefield screen shots were attached].

Following Bills strategy we’ve been attacking the German Infantry & transport assets.

This map is huge and all those walking German infantry will be worn out & weary by the time they get past the Railroad station.

We’ve battled for every meter of ground and his Infantry should be low on ammo by now at the very least.

We’ve also been attacking the only Panzers we can kill, against those Ferdinand’s (Tigers) we have little in the way of damaging them minus a lucky track/gun hit.

We did get in a great flamethrower kill of a Stug III just to the right front of the RR Station. And last turn Bill hit a PzIII with a “AT mine” throw by a Tank Hunter.

The first 4 are shots are taken across the battlefield with all the “damage” labels on so you can see the carnage.

The last is an overhead shot showing the current frontline.

Let me know if you’d like to see anything else and I’ll send screenshots your way.

Take care,

Your comrade Right Flank Commander- Kerry

11/28/04--Situation summary:

We are hard pressed on our right, where the Germans have taken the Train Station.

In the middle the Germans have made progress, but our brave troops are contesting every foot of their advance.

On our left things continue to fall in our favor. We have blunted the German attack and believe that all of the German tanks on that side are destroyed or immobile.
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Bravery of the Commaders of Mother Russia is without equal! But the large German steel beasts have taken their toll. With Commanders KG_Werfer and Kerry (Palantir) on medical leave, alone I am forced to lead our magnificant soldiers until they return.

KG_Jag out--and back to the trenches and piles of bricks that construct our defenses.
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Are you talking/posting to yourself? :twisted:

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Not this time Andy!

This is a saved set of posts from the old forum, with a new one added last night.
Unread 03-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Hey Bill,

Not much left movement wise on my flank anymore, well anywhere for us actually.

You flank looks safe as long as they fear running into the T-34’s.

The middle right is where the pressure is but we have nothing to slow them down with except that incoming ARTY barrage. I hope that shakes ‘em up!

Right now I think the game will come down to that large rectangular VP building that we have stocked with INF.

If we can make the Germans pay in INF casualties it might slow them down enough for a win/draw for us.

Kerry
Unread 10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Feldwebel

This one is over: Allied Tac (not as big a defeat as I thought we'd get).

The valiant Soviets got their rears kicked by a devious Axis team & their left flank Ferdinand juggernaut. Well at least the center & right Soviet flank was wiped out. Our left flank did better against a lightly supported 1/2 track attack.

I was disappointed in how powerless the Soviet defenses were. The lack of any real gun with the ability to knock one out was pathetic. The Soviet AF was next to useless missing several passes on bunched up Ferds.

It was a fun game none-the-less, I just wish the outcome hadn't been on the wall so quickly.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Kerry I hope that we are not having another CMBB final results glitch. My computer (which is obviously superior to yours), says that we suffered only a minor defeat, with a final percentage score of of 59% to the evil Germans and 41% to the courageous defenders of Mother Russia.

It was not until the very end that we finally killed a Ferd. Even that took a pioneer squad. Our guns were truly useless against the German heavy stuff.

Good job by the Germans, especially against our right flank. I understand that the mighty KG_Kharkov was master of that sector for the Hun team.

One thing that I did not like about the design of this game is that it both encouraged and anticipated (as evidenced by the locked opening positions of guns and defenses on our side) significant play at the map edges.
Unread 10-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Definitely a good idea to publish these.
Unread 11-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Feldwebel

So lets hear the Axis view of the battle! :)

KG-Jag's excellent "overall" plan was to bleed the German Infantry once we realized we could not harm the Ferd's. (Of interest is that the only "gun" we had that could do any damage was one T-70 with 2-3 tungsten rounds, how feeble was that!) We had hopes of doing so much damage to the Inf that they would be worn out & weak before reaching the buildings.

We were dismayed by the complete worthlessness of our airstrikes, even when the Pz'ers were bunched up the strikes failed to destroy anything.

And as Bill mentioned the inability to realign our fortifications was strange as they left the map edges open. (How soon did the German players realize this weakness?)

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Last edited by Palantir; 11-01-2005 at 12:31 AM..