Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad
Default What are you playing right now?

I am regularly play several scenarios in several different games and was wondering what are you playing? Right now I am playing the followning:

Panzer Campaigns El Alamein 1 small scenario.

Uncommon Valor playing the large campaign scenario May of 44-Dec of 45 (I think) utilizing 2 day turns. We are in September 44 I think.

CMBB 2 Short Games
CMAK 1 short game

HPS Napoleons Russian Campaign 1 small game

HPS ACW Campaign Gettysburg 1 small game.

Unfortunately I never seem to have time to play large campaign games. Only shorter ones. If you have never tried the HPS Napoleonic or American Civil War games you may want to. I am not particularly interested in the subject matter but the games a quite addicting strategy Games!

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Unread 11-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

1. CMAK "Steel Triad" multiplayer tournament @ SZO

2. Top 16 Invitational tournament @ SZO

3. CMBB "Lost Victories" multiplayer campaign by KG_Thorshammer

4. B & T "Forgotten Front" vs Norad

5. "Battle of Kapitanovka" historical operation by me vs KG_Swampfox

6. KG Fantasy Football League

7. KG Fantasy Hockey League

-all this with CMBB "Campaigns" just around the corner!! The humanity!
Unread 11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

@ Norad

If you're really interested in the Civil War, feel free to talk to our resident CW junkies-

KG_SSpoom
KG_Soldier
KG_Jag
KG_Panzerschreck
KG_Panther
KG_Kharkov

my apologies if I'm leaving someone out. Those are the guys to talk to.
Unread 11-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

1. CMBB Top 16 Tourney with Tripps
2. CMAK with Norad
3. CMAK with Full Monty
4. CMAK with KG_Scout
5. 1936 German Campaign Hearts of Iron 2
6. Shadows of Amn Chapter 4
7. 1939 Campaign Panzer General
8. Brothers is Arms Campaign, Chapter 6
9. Close Combat 5: Stalingrad Mod GC vs. AI

Looking for more CM PBEM games.
Unread 11-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Oberschutze

CMAK Multiplayer tourney - 'The Steel Triad'
CMAK tourney - 'The Cost of Glory'
CMAK KO tourney
CMBO tourney - 'Three Months in France'

Plus

8 CMAK games
3 CMBB games
1 'Combat Command 2: Desert Rats' game

Then there's more single-player (mostly non wargame) games than I care to think about
Unread 11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

1. CMBB (Quick Battle with Soldier) I have never played with mechanized before so this is a learning experience for me.
2. Act of War
3. Day of Defeat:Source
4. C&C Generals Zero Hour
5. Brothers In Arms Chapter 7 (I 've finished game on all levels and I am currently playing the hardest level to unlock all the "goodies".
6. Jedi Academy - Final level
7.Far Cry - on the hardest setting, I am almost done...A lot tougher than I thought it would be. ( Second time through )
8. Yahoo Fantasy Football ( I am in 10 leagues )
9. Yahoo Fantasy Hockey
10. Yahoo Fantasy Basketball

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I have almost all of John Tiller's HPS (and most if not all of his Talonsoft) games. I wish that I had more time to get into them. My brother and his law firm represent Tiller, and I have a standing lunch invitation with the two of them, when I can get to northern Alabama.

TOAW-COW is another great game. But time is again the problem in getting into it, other than a few times a year.

I would love to get into Uncommon Valor. But the only tutorial game, something that an old counter pusher like me badly needs, pertained to version 1.0 and wasn't very helpful. Maybe NORAD can teach this old dog some new tricks about the game.

Of course I play CMBB & AK on an ongoing basis, both here and at Warfare HQ...er...SZO. The CM series is the only set of games in which I have played other humans, and it is by far the best way to play. In addition my six year old nephew loves blowing up stuff, especially with King Tigers. So I am also helping him play a CMBB game that was set up to accommodate his tastes. The game has been teaching him that Panthers are much more fun then Tigers or King Tigers.

Last edited by KG_Jag; 11-07-2005 at 02:14 PM..
Unread 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad
Default Jag...

UV is a very interesting game to play pbem. Unlike our more traditional land battle games, you never know when you will stumble into an enemy taskforce. It is very much a game of cat and mouse!

Also HPS games are great PBEM. If you would like to try one sometime let me know. When my schedule frees up we can try a small scenario from one of the above. Tiller games are very easy to pick up and get into. UV's learning curve is a lot steeper but there is no better teach then playing. I only dabble in the game really so I am sure I only have the basics down myself but I still enjoy it immensley.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Generalleutnant

1. Kapitnovka campaign (CMBB) with KG_Sspoom vs. KG_Panther and KG_Thorshammer (where's our turn guys?).

2. CMAK Multiplayer tourney at SZO.

3. KG Trial by Fire moderator for KGRcr_Scipio's Trial by Fire (set in Berlin 45 -- CMBB -- designed by yours truly).

4. World of Warcraft: 48th level Warlock, currently trying to finish the quests in the Zul'Farrak dungeon

5. Fantasy hockey (2 leagues)

6. Fantasy football (4 leagues)

7. Fantasy football pick'em

8. Fantasy basketball

9. CMBB playtest for KG_Thorshammer (will start this week).

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
General der Panzer

CMAK 3000 point meeting engagement with KG_Panther (Nov 44 Italy).

CMAK meeting engagement with "Monty" in the freaking desert in July for goodness sake; my boys are already thirsty. I see an M3, so hopefully Bogart will put a round into our dry well (And no Monty, the right hook by the Americans in Normandy was not your idea!). :)

CMBB meeting engagement with KG_CrimsonTrooper <-- NOOB! Oh, I forgot he beat me the first game... well, AGC did help him, but... maybe I shouldn't call him a NOOB.

Of course, Thor's multiplayer CMBB rape... errr campaign. Just kidding Dave, my Romanians love Papa Joe.

Day of Defeat to satisfy my bloodlust.

I hit the old Gary Grigsby's "War in Russia" Stalingrad campaign every once in a while because I love taking the city (Starfury lies when he says he once took Moscow in '41--not possible)!

Desperately waiting on Les Grognards!

Still saddened by CMx2's setting.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 11-08-2005 at 05:27 PM..