Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default Best Babes of our Military Blog

http://northshorejournal.org/index.p...-babe-edition/

I am of two minds about women serving in the military. On on hand they are just as competent as any man in any number of jobs that need doing outside of direct combat. On the other hand, the chivalrous part of me causes my heart to ache with sadness when I see pics like this.
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Generalleutnant

What do you find troubling? Seems like women serving their country in ways other than raising potential soldiers. I thought they were nice photos.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

I don't ike the idea of our women dying in combat. Maybe it isn't rational. I just believe that that is the man's place and purpose as protector and provider.

I think you missed this link to the pic I was referring to.

http://northshorejournal.org/index.p...d-babe-edition
Unread 06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
General der Panzer

I don't like the idea of men dying in combat. But that's the kind of thing that happens in combat. It's an all volunteer army, so if women want to enlist, they should be able to do whatever their abilities let them.
Unread 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

To decide the issue at least two questions must be asked.

What front line combat jobs can women as a group or a particular woman do and do as well as the men already assigned to those jobs? (Note: such techniques such as increasing the number of sailors assigned to fire control teams because women do not have the strength that men have to deploy and use the equipment are not allowed.)

The second question: Is whether or not the country is ready to see dead and even gory dead women troops on the evening news? I believe that the answer to that is still "no".

My view is that women should be assigned to only a very few front line combat jobs. These few exceptions might include fighter pilot.

I also believe it a mistake to deploy significant number of women on Navy ships that are at sea for more than a few weeks. The PC police don't like the public to hear about the "love boat" stories. Mixed sex crews can seriously disrupt operations and result in a great deal of downtime and government expense that are cause on the on board created pregnancies. If it could be shown that women could do as well as men as 100% of the crew of certain non-front line combat ships or perhaps subs, that would be OK too.
Unread 06-14-2007, 04:21 PM
General der Panzer

I agree with you Bill that the U.S. isn't ready for seeing dead women on the battlefield.

Having worked in a chemical plant for 23 years, I saw women (usually the Butch type) that could do any man's job. I also saw too many women doing men's jobs that didn't have the strength needed. So I think there are women who could function fine as frontline soldiers, but agree there would be negative ramifications.
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

As a veteran, and a husband to a soldier in the Guard, i am filled with pride to see female soldiers "pony' up and serve along males. Its hard to see ANY soldier return draped in an American flag......