Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Boardgames & Tabletop games

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Generalleutnant

Default Log files in BOH (you can PBEM!)

I just figured out how to use logfiles in Band of Heroes. It allows you to play by e-mail. Basically you start a log file and then plot your planned move/action. When completed, you end the log file and send it to your opponent. The opponent loads it (starts a log file after he loads it) and then advances frame by frame. He can stop at any frame and take action -- for example, if he wanted to fire at a moving unit. The opponent, if he takes action, takes his action and ends his logfile and sends it back. The first player loads and watches and responds.

I'm going to read up some more on PBEM etiquette/proper technique but it seems that this simple back and forth with continual log files works well.

Who is interested in trying this out with me?

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
General der Panzer

Yeah John, could one expect two pulses a week?
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Generalleutnant

You fail to realize something. I installed it at work -- [diabolical laugh]. Unlike CM which is no longer on the work PC, this is on the work PC and is fair game for lunch material especially since the files are small and the plotting time is just a minute or two tops.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3