Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 08-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun
Default Perspective on CMx2

I still haven't picked up the full game, but I've been playing the demo as I mentioned in another thread. I have several hours of playing in & so far I have to still reserve judgement. There are things I like about the game & things I don't. I'm sure with time, I'll get used to some of the things I don't like. I think one has to be specific when commenting on the engine/game platform vs the subject matter (Shock Force). I know it's not everyone's cup of coffee. What I'm more interested in hearing is the long view-the comments on the platform.

I find the new interface very interesting & enjoyable. A little hard to get used to at first, but I don't play alot of different games. Someone that does will find the transition easier I think.

The artillery commands are an improvement & I look forward to seeing them employed in different war settings.

The overall graphics and one to one infantry representation are a big improvement over CMx1.

What I don't think I will ever get used to or enjoy, is the real-time aspect. I have come to covet pbem as it suits my lifestyle. This & the fact that I feel at this juncture, real-time is reducing CMx2 to a point & click fest, thereby robbing me of my whole "Coke & Dorito-Armchair General" experience I've come to know & love. The sweetness of waiting for movie files & going over them again & again from different angles. I would miss that too much I think. But then, it is early & I remember a time when I never thought I'd leave the fun & excitement of CC for an old man's wargame.

One question though- Since I wasn't around when the 1st CM games where 1st released, tell me; When they came out (BB,AK,BO), did the Battlefront forums get swamped with this much criticism?

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...ubb=forum;f=52