Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier

Looks great to me.....
Unread 02-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I have finally had a chance to take in the map just from an overall point of view. In general I like it. However, I have a few issues and questions.

First (and probably least important) the map says that it is August and not June. It also show the Brits vs. the Germans.

Second I'm concerned that in a map this size and with this amount of wooded cover whether 40 turns will be enough. That concern is increased if we play in winter weather (which is fine--if everything else fits together).

Third unless additional VL's are added, "set-up and then sit back and ambush play" will likely produce the most points. I don't think this makes for the most fun and is probably not what is intended.
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Feldwebel

The map was sent to show the terrain & for comments. :)

1. The month was just randomly picked so you could see all the terrain types which is harder to see when everything is covered with snow. The actual month will be determined by the players, if you want a white snowy month or a "greener" month.

2. The nationality is the default, it will change based on the units selected- most likely US vs. German.

3. Extend Turns, I was thinking 50. Although snow/deep snow will really keep the attacks down the roads & may require more time.

4. There are quite a lot of VL's on the map as "defending" the road-network requires space & holding key positions to hamper/delay the attackers movement routes.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne