Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Leutnant

Turn 11

All 3 150mms still pounding city center, they are crushing everything before them.

Infantry is moving up in the city, mopping up terrified americans as they go...

Stugs across the bridge with no road, 1st platoon of MK IVs crossing now.

I'm across the left side bridge with 3 h/ts and a MK IV, the remainder of the tanks
crossing now. No tank losses yet...

defensively, I still have the bridges under control, I will be attacking a armored car next turn. Plunging fire ambush setup for the unsuspecting M-10s. I'll need some luck on that score....
Unread 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Feldwebel

Maybe it will get exciting in a few turns instead of being slow going so far. :)

Great to read some game action.

It sounds like the 150's are/were the key to the center battle. Too much for a "balanced" future scenario?

Thanks

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Leutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Maybe it will get exciting in a few turns instead of being slow going so far. :)

Great to read some game action.

It sounds like the 150's are/were the key to the center battle. Too much for a "balanced" future scenario?

Thanks
Kerry,

I dont feel that the fact that there are 150mms on the map is swaying the battle too heavily in my favor, its the way they are deployed that is.(Ranger might disagree with me on that).

The guns have limited areas that they can be deployed in that offer any kind of concealment and almost no cover. The likely areas can be covered by mortars, with a HQ spotter. Tactics in their use and/or counter tactics are more of the key.

I've used 150mms before, I like using them, they are cheap, extremely devastating.
They are great when using a HQ to spot for them, but easily knocked out by counter battery fire.
Guns are an element of combined arms warfare that add to the game.
Sure, there can be too many of them on a certain map, but 3 here isnt to many in my opinion.

Last edited by KG_Swampfox; 02-10-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

How many FT's do the Allies have and how close were the starting positions of each side in the same city?

There's no way to hide a 150 after it fires. Where is could be placed is very limited and always exposed to enemy fire who did or could have sit-up in its LOS. Their movement ability is nil. A few mortar rounds or concentrated fire--and the gun is dead.

Rock-paper-scissors.
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Leutnant

Default Swamps report

Turn 15,

Center town firmly under german control, minor mopping up and moving prisoners still underway.

2 platoons of MKIV's across the river and moving up the middle with a platoon of STUGs in overwatch, light resistance encountered.

2 companies of the defensive force are moving into the town from behind American lines, they will stiffen the weakened town group and set up the town defence.

The weak (german) bridge defenders are still holding up the American relief force on 2 of the bridges, Ranger has established a small bridgehead over the center bridge.

2 companies of german infantry are still attacking the right hand bridge (American held). A few squads are crossed the river at the ford and will move forward when they are enforce.

Fun senerio, loads of action, my plan, sketchy at best , holds......

Swamp

Last edited by KG_Swampfox; 03-16-2010 at 09:49 AM..