Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

Default Cmc

Now finally we will have Campaign support for CM, at least for CMBB.

Combat Mission Campains Website

Nice idea, don't you think?
Quellchrist Falconer
Speech before the assault on Millsport

Last edited by Leopard; 10-14-2005 at 12:07 PM..
Unread 10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Yes man, it will be quite nice when it comes out.

The annoucement of it now, closely on the heels of the info release on CMSF, was definitely done done to placate those of us that were less than thrilled with the setting for CMSF. anyone belive otherwise is fooling themselves. its all damage control.
Unread 10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

I'm at work right now and ever since I saw the announcemnet last night I haven't been able to concentrate on anything but CMC. Can anyone possibly put this into perspective as to what it will mean for us?

Quote:
Q: What campaigns will come with CMC?
A: Right now we are planning to include campaigns covering the following: Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Operation Mars, 3rd Kharkov, Kursk and Berlin.

Finally, we will be able to properly implement KG_Kharkov's MP rules. Imagine applying the nuances of "limited communication" for example.

You'll also note (for us ex-Close Combat players) that we can now get up close and personal with our forces, with keeping track of experience gained and MEDALS!!

Then think of what user-made campaigns people are already day-dreaming about making. Command the Grossdeutschland at Targul Frumos, recreate the Courland Pocket or Bagration.

I have to stop thinking about this, it's all too much. :marchmell
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

On the FAQs they say that the tactical battles using CMBB will be one on one only.

However, I believe (but still have a small amount of doubt/concern) that we already have the tools to play any CMBB game file in a MP format. The one thing that could throw a monkey wrench into our MP flexibility is if CMC produces a new type of CMBB scenario/saved game file that prevents us from taking the steps necessary for a running a MP game. In any case I'm sure that Thor can work around and with whatever CMBB "tactical" file that is presented, so we can play it in MP.

Another thought--it appears that the campaign game will generate only battle files. It would be most interesting if it could generate an ops file as well. Since HTS/BF are still in early beta, we may want to ask them about it. Even if such a feature can't be added at release, maybe it could appear in a patch and/or in the CMAK version, which will certainly be coming if the first edition sells at all.
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Generaloberst

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Cloghaun
Then think of what user-made campaigns people are already day-dreaming about making.
I already know whats #1 on my list. Kurland Pocket battles # 1,2,3,4,5.
Unread 10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Generaloberst

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag
On the FAQs they say that the tactical battles using CMBB will be one on one only.
Why couldnt we save the game between seperate plots like we do now?

Or if that doesnt work go into CMBB and make a game to the same exact specifics as the one generated by CMC and go from there. yeah it would be a pain in the arse but it could be done. especially if the map could be transfered out of the quick battles folder.

Last edited by KG_Panzerschreck; 10-14-2005 at 03:49 PM..
Unread 10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I don't know because I don't know if CMC will change the format of the tactical battle files (probably = CMBB battle or saved game files). Because I don't know, I asked the question at the BF forum. We'll see what "Hunter" and/or BF say.
Unread 10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not seeing the bigger picture here-

We'll play the Campaign in multiplayer fashion. We'll play the battles one vs one. Much like we are doing now in Thor's Mega-Campaign. This way we'll have bigger Kampfgruppes' on the strategic map.

"Kampfgruppe Jag (Bill will play the entire on-map forces) having defeated Russian BG on map grid 7B will move to map grid 7C to assist Kampfgruppe SSpoom".

We can email each other files to show how our force is doing to the overall Kommandir or whatever.

That's my initial thought as to how we would play it anyway. Just my two-cents.
Unread 10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Frank I think that I have the big picture--at least so much as we've been allowed to see.

In light of the fact that in CMC we are dealing with forces on each side of as large as a division, MP battles might well be the preference. Let's say each of us commands a regiment in the Campaign part of the game. As the result of orders by GK Koz and his opposite RK Kharkov (now how could that ever happen?!!), the bulk of our two German regiments smash into three Russian regiments commanded by Thor, Schreck and Crimson. Assuming that such a battle could be generated, it would look alot like our current lost victories campaign--except maybe bigger! Each of the five of us commands the troops of his respective regiment in that hours battle (I believe that the base time is an hour but the actual battles could be shorter). That gives unity of command throughout the gaming system. It also makes the end more fun because you have been commanding your troops from start to fininsh. Just think of the medal bar and the promotions!
Unread 10-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Oberfeldwebel

I want going to think about all this since its a few months off, but I cant help it!!!!

I love that close combat analogy, alwyas liked keeping track of unit stats/medals. The campaign system sounds pretty flexible; I think we can do the multiplayer option both ways. Sounds like they have pretty much put in most of the features I and other designers have tried to simulate; I'm very excited