Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-26-2009, 01:15 PM
General der Panzer

Default Test

-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 12-26-2009 at 01:23 PM..
Unread 12-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Unteroffizier

Location: Not the edge of the world but you can see it from here
Send a message via Skype™ to KG_RangerBooBoo

I'll give you a B+
Unread 12-27-2009, 01:28 PM
General der Panzer

The Madman Cometh

Lt. Lockner knew Cpl. Fernandez had been on the brink, but sometimes that's what you need. Men were going to die, so having a madman on your side isn't a bad thing -- most of the time. At 06:00, Fernandez, according to the plan, was to torch a two story, light building thought to hold a couple of German Flamers. But at zero hour, Fernandez rose and turned on his platoon, sending 4 bursts of flame through the heavy building. German guns open fire. To the north a few buildings, 150mm rounds devastated Platoon B. Germans everywhere. Chaos!!!!

Capt. Demers called back to the relief force: "You guys better get your asses in gear. We're being overrun!!!!"

Maj. Lane interceded: "Skip the prep fire. Lay smoke on the town. Charge the right bridge. NOW!"
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
General der Panzer

Breakthrough

The new attack plan called for two companies of veteran engineers to hook right and one company to hook left and meet at the bridges in town. The 105 Shermans would creep forward in support, a platoon of Greyhounds covering the left flank, a platoon of Shermans supporting the 105 Shermans, crack M10s and 76 Shermans waiting to breakthrough, Scout Cars and 2nd Greyhound platoon ready to charge over the bridges. Instead of the arty barrage, 2 81mm spotters plotted to lay smoke. No time for probe; time to go. Bar teams and bazooka teams used as fodder to draw arty as they moved straight up the middle, and it worked. Mortor rounds started falling on the advancing Bar and Bazooka teams right away. Engineer companies made it to assault positions unscathed. A light German gun opened up on one of the Greyhounds but did no damage and was promptly silenced by a 105 Sherman. The enginners began their assault and were greeted by 81mm rounds (surely a spotter). They hunkered down and waited while the Shermans blasted away at the German infantry exposed near the bridges. Great valor was displayed by the engineers and soon they controlled the west side of the bridges. Smoke covered the east side of the bridgehead and the Scout Cars were given the go ahead for their suicide run across the two main bridges. One was blown to pieces by a faust at short range, the other made it across with damage to its gun. A Greyhound following close behind felt the wrath of a schreck. The engineers spotted two schrecks and silenced them. Another light AT gun was dealt with.

GO GO GO

The Sherman platoon broke for the right birdge and made it across unscathed, followed by the 76 Shermans and the M10s. Soon the engineers were following. Total breakthrough. We control the bridges and are moving to relieve the battered troops in the main town.

All is not lost -- yet.
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
General der Panzer

Payback

The forward defense company lay in ambush while the German relief force -- at least two platoons of MKIVs, a platoon of Stugs, and a couple of Mech Infantry companies -- moved cautiously toward the main bridges. As well, another platoon of MKIVs and a platoon of halftrack mounted infantry headed toward the far south bridge. They were in no hurry, Stugs and MKIVs blowing up buildings while the infantry moved slowly forward.
After our breakthrough to the west, the Germans picked up the pace. As the beasts moved into the open near the far south bridge, mortors dropped he rounds to keep them buttoned and our 2, 57mm AT guns opened up: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. Two first shot kills, and then another MKIV up in flames. The advance on the south bridge halted.

Meanwhile, the assault on the main bridges began. A 37mm AT gun let loose and took out another MKIV and scored a penetration on a Stug before being knocked out. Two halftracks darted across the bridge, one taken out by rifle grenades. The infantry holding the bridges finally routed and 2 MKIVS dashed across the bridge. They ran up the incline and turned to fire on the fleeing infantry squads. The last 37 AT gun opened up along with a hidden Bazooka: BAM, BAM, BAM -- two more dead MKIVs.

The assault slowed. The path is open, but the Germans are disorganized. They will soon breakout, but hopefully, my relief force will be set up to stop them.

6 MKIVs destroyed. The far south bridge holds; the main two bridges are lost at a heavy cost to the Hun.

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 01-07-2010 at 06:06 PM..
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
General der Panzer

The Horror

The defense force in the main town has been decimated. The 150mm German guns brought the brick buildings down on the flamers and demo squads. Two platoons of Demo squads, 9 flame teams, a platoon of engineers, and several MGs burn in the ruins. The mortors hidden in the light trees along the road managed to kill 6 guns, but one german gun still lives in town and 2 (another 150 and a 75 AT gun) are still in the German woods north of the city. The 75 AT gun knocked the gun off of a scouting Sherman, so my relief force is skirting the German held church on the southern edge of the city and sweeping in behind it. As an M10 crept into an overwatch position, a Stug from behind the German river a 1000 yards away (I swear that damn Jag must spend hours finding his little keyholes ) shocks it with the first shot and kills it with the second. Next turn another crack M10 in a hulldown position fires 5 rounds at the Stug and misses every shot.

My infantry is marching into position behind the church, M10s are overwatching the Shermans moving behind the city. There are 7 MKIVs moving across the bridge with 3 Stugs still on the other side of the river. The Huns killed both 57s near the south bridge with area fire (again, Jag and his crazy los), but I have 6 bazookas hidden in ambush if he pushes his last 2 MKIVs over the south bridge. I also have an M10 now in the south woods covering the south bridge as well.

With my 5 remaining regular Shermans, 2 M10s, and 2 crack 76 Shermans, I'm hoping to put the hurt on his 7 MKIVs coming over the bridge. Hopefully, the 2 M10s on overwatch can take out the Stugs (I have los on two of them but can't seem to hit 'em -- so much for crack M10s). I have to take out his relief armor and infantry before assaulting the town with my remaining 2+ companies of infantry and the 105 Shermans.

There's still 25+ turns left and a lot of work to do.

But I am playing Jag, so I expect more setbacks and crazy los kills.