Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_GASXTREME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper
no one perosn is going to stop a whole team from advancing no matter how good they think they are.
Crimson, I agree with most of what was said in your previous post, however, I disagree with the statement above..... I have seen many times when a single player has DOMINATED an entire team, espically with an AWP....

-steve
I agree, but when you play on servers that don't allow AWP's it makes all the difference in the world.

Lately, as a whole we only play on servers that use that are "Steam Secure" and it seems to help out.

:twisted:

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Stabsgefreiter

your all very very gay
Unread 06-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS_Starfury
your all very very gay
And how do you KNOW that Rob's GAY?

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Generalleutnant

I played the demo at my parent's house (my youngest brother had DL'd it). I thought this was a pretty cool game. The air vehicles are damn hard to pilot which I thought was great because it neutralized their firepower and didn't make an infantryman irrelevant. I flew the chopper and SU some. I got my chopper hung up in power lines and flipped it -- that was a nice touch of realism.

I played most of the kit loadouts and loved the loadout with the heavy weapon. I also liked being a medic. Not being the best (but certainly not the worst) FPS player out there, medic was fun because I could tail some uber-FPSers and patch them up while taking out an occasional USMC or MEC dude.

Favorite kill -- using the grenade launcher on unsuspecting guy at about 30 feet.

Question: Is there more than one level of zoom on the sniper rifle -- we couldn't find one but then again we were too lazy to go check any tutorials.
Unread 06-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

The Demo is certainly a candy store of the new features. Squad leaders can now assign tasks to members of his squad; Assault, Defend, Move etc. The assigned objectives are on your inset map. I have found the aircraft, helo's especially are not nearly as dominant in BF2 as they were in Desert Combat. They are mostly dangerous to each other. A quick LAV or BMP can out maneouver a Hinds shots fairly easily. Tanks are slower thus easier targets. The ballistics are as close to accurate as I can tell for the tank main guns. The map is gorgeous (only one map is included in the Demo).

I enjoy playing as the AT soldier but try to find different rifle as soon as I am able as the MP5 is useless at range (very realistic). The SMAW is quite a nuisance to tanks and deadly to light armor if you get a rear shot. Anti-air static defenses have IR lock on guidance for their mssiles complete with lock alarm making it quite possible to keep the aircraft where they are supposed to be; up high for the fighters and NOE for the Helos. I don't have a joystick so I can't comment on the flight controls (I did fly off the carrier with WASD and the keyboard arrows but that was because my team had lost all land based spawn points, but just enough to get over land then I bailed to assault a flag.) I still don't understand why snipers are equiped with parachutes... Jumping off of a 20 story story building and landing softly after popping your 'chute 30ft above ground is dumb. Given enough terrain to move in and obstacles to dodge, I was able to on a couple occaisions take down a pursuing Hind with my 25mm LAV chaingun. The pilot was an idiot (flying low and slow) and I did have to work at it so I am led to believe that a good pilot will be able to handle his heavy armor targets but will have to watch for supporting Light armor.

As long as there is a good balance of vehicles and infantry, this game will prove to be fun. I am a grunt, through and through, and have no real interest in driving a tank or flying an airplane. It seems to me as though the infantry have finally gotten their due with decent support weapons, better modeling for airpower and scaled back artillery effects.

FPS games ought not accurately model wars of attrition. We could accurately model the Battle of the Somme all day but it wouldn't be very fun. This was my main complaint about DC; infantry stood no chance at all so it was not a match for my tastes. CoD is a damn good game and the vehicle modeling is good, but too little variety dooms those vehicles to boredom and thus suffer a death sentence at the painful end of my schreck.
Unread 06-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent
but too little variety dooms those vehicles to boredom and thus suffer a death sentence at the painful end of my schreck.
Since when am i "your" Schreck? :P
Unread 06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Generalleutnant

I really wasn't too impressed with the graphics of the game, it is pretty much the exact same game (textures and so forth) as before except with some new features like artillery ( Not a big fan of it at all ). The interface is the same ( not a bad thing ) and I am still trying to figure out what they actually did to it other than approve a little on the graphics and modeling ( and I mean VERY little ). Game play is merely ok, I used every class on my teams side and the weapons are so-so. I used a sniper rifle on someone and it took 4 shots to kill him (2 in the chest and 2 in the head before he dropped) and the other weapons were pretty cool. I liked the ability to lay claymore's and the grenades( how long you hold down the button will depend on how far you throw it) were pretty cool, I still disagree that a grenade will kill a tank!

I certianly hope that they tweak this game BIG time but I doubt it since it went gold last week.

I give it 3 stars out of 5

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

I think the graphics are amazing.... have you seen the shellshock/blur effects? wow, i have never seen any game that comes even close to matching those kinds of graphics, simply amazing IMHO..... As far as the sniper, I agree, when I was shooting at people with it, I was actually wondering if there was a glitch in the game that makes it so im not actually shooting a bullet or something.... something needs to be seriously done about that........
-steve
Unread 06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_GASXTREME
As far as the sniper, I agree, when I was shooting at people with it, I was actually wondering if there was a glitch in the game that makes it so im not actually shooting a bullet or something.... something needs to be seriously done about that........
-steve
maybe it was done that way intentionaly to cut down on the amount of snipers being used. its insane the amout of snipers you run into on servers in any FPS's. they shouldnt even be included in the game IMHO.