Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default CMSF--List of Issues

From another interesting and informative post and thread at the Battlefront forum:

"Posted by thewood (Member # 2030) on November 06, 2007 08:26 PM:

For a while seemed like progress was being made. 1.04 initially seemed like it fixed a lot of things, but after a lot of playing and testing, it seems to have reduced certain tendencies of things we saw in 1.03, but most of the issues still seem to show up. With that said, what still needs work:

LOS/LOF issues through objects and terrain

WEGO replays still showing the wrong stats, etc. during replay

MP still seems somewhat screwed up in both RT and PBEM

ATGM bugs still floating around including disappearing ammo

Spinning AFVs

Reaction of AFVs to infantry fire or spotting of infantry (Strykers especially)

Some support weapons still have issues with spreading out crews

Firing from roofs has some issues when firing into other roofs

Squads getting confused and stuck in certain positions like AFV egress and building movement

A bunch of minor graphical glitches

AFVs still love firing HE ar other AFVs

Units stuck in Aiming/Spotting loops

No artillery smoke (not a bug, just a needed)

tanks should not fire 50cal at other tanks or afv - even for ranging purposes - that's what laser rangefinder is for.

When infantry are in a trench cowering, they should have very good cover

Infantry units are splitting up without command to do so, and become unmovable

"Occupy" objectives don't work. You secure the objective merely by ensuring the enemy isn't on it, not by actually getting to the objective yourself. At the moment, "Occupy" should be called "Expel Enemy

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I have personally experienced most of these, but a couple are just from reading threads. The majority had thier frequency reduced in 1.04, but still exist. 1.04 is more playable than 1.03, but I find 1.04 playable only under specific circumstances, mainly away from built up areas. I am hoping that someone in the know can attest to what is being worked on for 1.05, and a rough timeframe for release.

PS. One measure may be the lack of overall posting here and around the web. There are still some pretty active forums about CM1 scattered around the web, but almost all the CMSF threads have died out, with exception of a fairly negative thread at the Blitz. In this forum, it looks like Peng has a higher posting total than all other threads combined in the last month. That in particular is a sign of the end times.

edit: added M1A1TC, Cpl Steiner comments

[ November 07, 2007, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: thewood ]"

Link to this post and the thread it starts:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...;f=52;t=003299
Unread 11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I cant belive there are 4 patches out and all this still needs to fixed, what a load of crap.