Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default Space: Above and Beyond

There was an interesting series that came out on TV some years back. i guess it meant to compete with one of the Star Wrecks and Babylon 5. It was called Space: Above and Beyond. It went 1 season and was cancelled. It was a rather good series taking a look at life in a Marine Fighter Squadron in the Late 21st century as we entered into a war with an alien race known as the Chigs.

Here is a site dedicated to continuing the series in fan submitted shorts. They are some very good reads.

http://www.fanficflightdeck.space-re...enphoenix.html
and
http://www.fanficflightdeck.space-re...de/genfic.html
Unread 04-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Oberschutze

Send a message via MSN to KG_Red_Star

I personally thought it was terrible. As a person who loved B5 and many other sci-fi things it lacked anything worthy of discussion in my opinion
Unread 04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Oberst

No doubt it could have been better done but the story intrigued me.
Unread 04-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Oberschutze

Send a message via MSN to KG_Red_Star

Maybe a little harsh by me, but it was too much we can save the world for me. No real depth, nothing to think about. I loved B5 as things from season 1 would come back 2 years later in season 3 and then again after that. Depth of story, few things have that anymore-maybe its societies instant gratification and short attention span driving it.
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Oberst

That was precisely what I loved about B5; the continuous storyline and the enormity and relevance of the sub-plots. That show could have spun off into at least 5 different direction. I have all season on DVD except 1 and 5. Am saving my pennies for 5 but probably won't buy 1. Something about Captain "He-Who-Does-Not-Blink" Sinclair that just bugs me. The Mimbari Civil War was lost to me as I had to miss that part of the orignal airing due to a change in work hours as was the retaking of Earth from Psy-Corps.

As far as S:AAB being too much "we can save the world" I thought the same thing thing then chalked it up to being told from the point of veiw of a squad of fresh-out-of-flight school ensigns. There were hints of things not being so right back on Earth though and was looking forward to hearing more about them.