Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Battlefront Returns to Own Forum

Ending their self imposed exile from their own forum, the Battlefront guys are back. They immediately reopen their charm offensive with this:

"Posted by Battlefront.com (Member # 42) on December 04, 2007 01:00 AM:

So, now for something related to my absence... the behavior on this Forum.

I'd be lying if I said that my vacation from the Forum wasn't enjoyable. The level of bitching, complaining, rudeness, intolerance, disrespect, and outright abuse that a handful of people have felt they are entitled to has become intolerable. Before the hiatus I put up with a lot of this behavior simply because there was, unfortunately, quite a bit to bitch about rightly and wrongly. But the time for that has passed. We need to move on from the squabbling and get back to the productive way this Forum used to be. And that's why I'm going to remind you all of how things are supposed to work around here so there is no excuse for continued rule breaking.

This is a Forum to exchange ideas and opinions about Combat Mission in a constructive manner. Therefore, the rules basically boil down to two basic concepts:

1. If it isn't about Combat Mission (indirectly is usually OK), it is off topic and not to be posted here.

2. If a post has nothing constructive to add to the discussion, it is unproductive and not to be posted here.

Really, that's all there is too it. People who choose to post in opposition to these simple, official and traditional, concepts will be warned that their behavior is unacceptable. One warning is all that someone is entitled to, whether their Member number is #1 or #26001. After one warning I may give another, or I may just revoke the Member's posting privileges. Because they are, in fact, privileges and not a right.

In order to head of the usual "Battlefront is trying to censor people and keep them from posting comments critical of their games!!!" I have this to say:

Poppycock

This Forum has been around for 10 years now. We have never, ever, even ONCE banned someone for expressing an opinion that is critical of our work. We have, unfortunately, had to ban a decent number of people who haven't a clue how to express a critical opinion in a constructive way vs. a destructive way. As the Forum rules clearly state, the former is welcomed and the latter is expressly forbidden. It isn't our responsibility to teach people the manners their parents obviously failed to instill on them as children.

Pretty simple? Pretty clear? OK, then let me move onto talking about a specific type of poster here...

There are some people who insist on posting only negative comments, very often in violation of the rules. As I've said, I've allowed an extraordinary amount of latitude here in terms of applying the Forum rules. But that time has passed and I must now insist that such people either start behaving in a way that is consistent with the Forum's two major principles or cease posting on their own. My advice is to come back at a later time, for example when we release the WW2 version. Maybe the things that make such people rather ill tempered and sometimes downright nasty will be "fixed" and therefore an attitude change "fixed" along with it. Or perhaps not. But I see no reason why any of us have to sit here and continue to listen to what amounts to aimless bitching.

Remember folks, we are only on this planet for an unknown, and rather short, time. So why spend it here being unproductive about a game you don't even like to play? Think of all the things one could do instead... like finding another game that is more enjoyable, or discovering a new hobby that isn't so frustrating, or finding some other thing besides pounding angrily on a keyboard. Yup, if you can't follow the simple Forum rules here on your own, then I'm sure that banning you would actually be doing you a favor. Though there is no need to thank me if I do ban you, I'm just a benevolent being trying to help my fellow Man find true happiness

So there you have it... let's get back to discussing CM:SF and stop the rather unpleasant and (at times) childish behavior that made me prefer finding out how rotten my porch is (VERY) or why my snowblower wouldn't run (it's either the carb or the coil) rather than keeping up with this Forum.

Thanks,

Steve

[ December 04, 2007, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ] "

Link:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003385

They tell us that they will soon begin working on the WW II game:

"Posted by Battlefront.com (Member # 42) on December 05, 2007 02:24 AM:

There is no announced timetable for WW2 yet, but we will start working on it very soon. Some more base game stuff to get into shape and a couple Marines things started, then it's back to WW2 design work for me. I've enjoyed the break from it, so I'm sure I'll be happy to work with the subject matter again. 7 years in a row was a little bit of a long stretch

Steve"

Link:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003385

About the v. 1.05 patch (and updated demo?):

"Well, I'm posting again so you can (correctly) surmise that v1.05 is soon on its way. We have a couple of very minor things to wrap up, then we have to make sure those final fixes are working correctly, and out to you it goes. The current list of things fixed, tweaked, and added is over 60. So it's not like we've been twiddling our thumbs over the past two months

OK, the obvious question is... what does v1.05 have to offer? I still don't want to get into all that until the patch is out. Obviously the things you guys have been most interested in seeing improved (LOS/LOF, pathing, user feedback) are amongst the best things that the patch has to offer. But there is a lot more to it than that, of course, and you'll see them all soon enough.

Steve"

Link:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/u...;f=52;t=003384

Last edited by KG_Jag; 12-05-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Unread 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Feldwebel

I'm glad to see the "official CM" forum might be worth a visit again, but all he had to do was look at the KG or the "GS" CM site on how to run a good forum...

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Unteroffizer - anwarter

So they're back?

"I'll bet your vodka ration that I can hit it"
- Russian tanker
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Feldwebel

In case you missed the insult BFC just handed to all Cmx1 players here's the link at Gamesquad.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71862

Their arrogance is just incredible considering how many people play & are still playing CMx1!

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I had seen both the Battlefront and GS posts.

After you've driven your car into a ditch, you might as well floor it!

At least in public there is not a humble bone in BF's body, even after the CMSF debacle.