Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

Southern Sweet Tea

Ingredients:

Water
2 Tea bags (I personally use lipton, but everyone has his or her preferred brand)
1-2C Sugar
Ice
Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker: http://www.mrcoffee.com/productdetail.aspx?id=123

1. Fill mr. coffee icea tea maker with water up to the 3 Quart line.
2. Place 2 tea bags in the mr. coffee iced tea maker
3. Fill pitcher up to the 3 quart line with ice
4. Pour 1-2 cups sugar into the pitcher
5. Place pitcher under tea maker as instructed
6. Press the blue button on the tea maker
7. Once it has finished brewing the tea (usually takes about 7 minutes) stir the tea until sugar is completely disolved.
8. Enjoy!

Good stuff :)
-steve
Unread 09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_GASXTREME View Post
Southern Sweet Tea

Ingredients:

Water
2 Tea bags (I personally use lipton, but everyone has his or her preferred brand)
1-2C Sugar
Ice
Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker: http://www.mrcoffee.com/productdetail.aspx?id=123

1. Fill mr. coffee icea tea maker with water up to the 3 Quart line.
2. Place 2 tea bags in the mr. coffee iced tea maker
3. Fill pitcher up to the 3 quart line with ice
4. Pour 1-2 cups sugar into the pitcher
5. Place pitcher under tea maker as instructed
6. Press the blue button on the tea maker
7. Once it has finished brewing the tea (usually takes about 7 minutes) stir the tea until sugar is completely disolved.
8. Enjoy!

Good stuff :)
-steve

LOL Steve. When they first came out, i bought one and fell in love with them. Im still using my original one, hehe. But, i was scared it would break, or i would break it and they would quit making it so i went and bought 3 more. I still have them brand new in the boxes unopened, lol. Its a testament to how well made they are, mine has been going strong for 14 years and cant even imagine how many pots of tea i have brewed in it.
Unread 09-13-2006, 08:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

GEEEEEEZ Kent; talk about dedicated! I love mine; it makes it pretty much impossible to screw up the ratio of water/tea bags, etc... Makes a perfect batch every time!
-steve
Unread 09-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_GASXTREME View Post
GEEEEEEZ Kent; talk about dedicated! I love mine; it makes it pretty much impossible to screw up the ratio of water/tea bags, etc... Makes a perfect batch every time!
-steve
Oh yeah, im dedicated. When you say 2 tea bags, im assuming your talking about the big bags. I use Red Rose Tea. It comes in the small bags and i use 12 bags. But other than that i make it the same way.
Unread 09-14-2006, 07:50 AM

Nope, I'm talking about the small bags..... They work just fine for me :)
-steve
Unread 10-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Stabsgefreiter

after reading this thread Im no longer in doubt as to the origins of Kents gravity well.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Generaloberst

Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Ingredients
1 medium cucumber , peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 pint grape tomatoes , quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
Table salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/2 small minced red onion (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1 romaine heart , cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
4 ounces feta cheese , crumbled (about 1 cup)
Ground black pepper
Instructions
1. Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
2. Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
3. Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Generaloberst

Roasted Smashed Potatoes
Ingredients
2 pounds small Red Bliss potatoes (about 18)
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Instructions
1. Adjust oven racks to top and bottom positions and heat oven to 500 degrees. Arrange potatoes on rimmed baking sheet, pour ¾ cup water into baking sheet, and wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Cook on bottom rack until paring knife or skewer slips in and out of potatoes easily (poke through foil to test), 25 to 30 minutes. Remove foil and cool 10 minutes. If any water remains on baking sheet, blot dry with paper towel.
2. Drizzle 3 tablespoons oil over potatoes and roll to coat. Space potatoes evenly on baking sheet and place second baking sheet on top; press down firmly on baking sheet, flattening potatoes until 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and season generously with salt and pepper; drizzle evenly with remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Roast potatoes on top rack 15 minutes. Transfer potatoes to bottom rack and continue to roast until well browned, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Generaloberst

Cacio e Pepe
Ingredients
6 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese , 4 ounces finely grated (about 2 cups) and 2 ounces coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
1 pound spaghetti
Table salt
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
Instructions
Place finely grated Pecorino in medium bowl. Set colander in large bowl.
2. Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Add pasta and 1½ teaspoons salt; cook, stirring frequently, until al dente. Drain pasta into colander set in bowl, reserving cooking water. Pour 1½ cups cooking water into liquid measuring cup and discard remainder; return pasta to now-empty bowl.
3. Slowly whisk 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water into finely grated Pecorino until smooth. Whisk in cream, oil, and black pepper. Gradually pour cheese mixture over pasta, tossing to coat. Let pasta rest 1 to 2 minutes, tossing frequently, adjusting consistency with remaining ½ cup reserved pasta water. Serve, passing coarsely grated Pecorino separately.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Generaloberst

French Toast
Ingredients
8 large slices hearty white sandwich bread or good-quality challah
1 1/2 cups whole milk , warmed 3 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted, plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup
Instructions
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Place bread on wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet. Bake bread until almost dry throughout (center should remain slightly moist), about 16 minutes, flipping slices halfway through cooking. Remove bread from rack and let cool 5 minutes. Return baking sheet with wire rack to oven and reduce temperature to 200 degrees.
2. Whisk milk, yolks, sugar, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons melted butter, salt, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Transfer mixture to 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
3. Soak bread in milk mixture until saturated but not falling apart, 20 seconds per side. Using firm slotted spatula, pick up bread slice and allow excess milk mixture to drip off; repeat with remaining slices. Place soaked bread on another baking sheet or platter.
4. Heat ½ tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When foaming subsides, use slotted spatula to transfer 2 slices soaked bread to skillet and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes longer. (If toast is cooking too quickly, reduce temperature slightly.) Transfer to baking sheet in oven. Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Repeat cooking with remaining bread, 2 pieces at a time, adding ½ tablespoon of butter for each batch. Serve warm, passing maple syrup separately.