Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-25-2009, 02:41 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default CM x 1 Series on Windows 7

I can't independently verify it, but a CM poster at Gamesquad said that the the CM x 1 games work in the beta (alphas?) version of of Windows 7 (MS's operating system tht is to follow VISTA). This would be good new for those of us who are still die-hards of the series.
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Another Report That CM x 1 Games Will Work in Windows 7

From the BF forum and specially concerning CMAK:

http://www.battlefront.com/community...60#post1140660

Last edited by KG_Jag; 06-21-2009 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Link corrected
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Another helpful thread from the BF forum tech section about runnning CM x 1 games in Windows 7:

http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=92791
Unread 08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

I run CMBB and CMAK in win7 Ultimate using Compatibility mode. I do experience a minor graphic corruption but its not unbearable.

Also, having experienced in depth all things XP, Vista and now win7 I would encourage ALL XP and Vista users to immediately (if not sooner) upgrade to win 7 Pro or Ultimate. It is everything Vista was supposed to be, but better. Faster loading, smoother interface, more intuitive administration.
Unread 10-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Oberstleutnant

Try running both Cmak and Cmbb in Vista and Windows 7 as the Admin.
Right click on the start Icon and select "Run as Administrator".
This helps with the "lost" Pbem files . You may also need to Import PBEM files as the admin

Works for me so far in Vista
Unread 08-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Oberschutze

Hey guys,

Is anyone still playing either CMBB, or CMAK? Figured might as well give CM a try after all these years and looks like am able to.. great here, as gives me something to pass the time :-)

Still relearning all the moves/tactics, but would like to play some PBEM if any of you guys are still into this. I have patched both to 1.3.

Cheers,
Mark
Unread 08-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Werfer View Post
Hey guys,

Is anyone still playing either CMBB, or CMAK? Figured might as well give CM a try after all these years and looks like am able to.. great here, as gives me something to pass the time :-)

Still relearning all the moves/tactics, but would like to play some PBEM if any of you guys are still into this. I have patched both to 1.3.

Cheers,
Mark
Hey Werf--

Both CMBB & CMAK are still on my machines. Don't mind trying to knock off the rust with a game of either. Pick out a scenario or two (in case I remember that I have previously played one of them). I'll pick the side I want to play. Then we can both see how far our game skills have deteriorated.

Bill
Unread 08-15-2015, 03:48 AM
Oberschutze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag View Post
Hey Werf--

Both CMBB & CMAK are still on my machines. Don't mind trying to knock off the rust with a game of either. Pick out a scenario or two (in case I remember that I have previously played one of them). I'll pick the side I want to play. Then we can both see how far our game skills have deteriorated.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Be more than glad to!

Just give me a clue as to what kind would like to play.. Small map, medium if would like one of those at the Scenario depot. Is that what you mean? Amount of turns also.

Remember you and I played several times years back. It was great fun, along with Steve, Frank, Rob.. Stu.

Thanks bro,
Mark
Unread 08-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Werfer View Post
Hi Bill,

Be more than glad to!

Just give me a clue as to what kind would like to play.. Small map, medium if would like one of those at the Scenario depot. Is that what you mean? Amount of turns also.

Remember you and I played several times years back. It was great fun, along with Steve, Frank, Rob.. Stu.

Thanks bro,
Mark
Hey Mark--

We should probably stay in the medium-ish range. That would be big enough for good fun, but small enough for re-entry.

Something from the SD would probably be less likely to be familiar than a stock scenario.
Unread 08-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Oberschutze

Hi Bill,

Can you check your PM's when you get a chance please? Need your email after all this time.

Thanks,
Mark