Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper
Default Whats your favorite Burger Joint?

I know we all live all over the place but I just wanted to know a little something trivial about my KG brothers and friends.

1. In & Out Burger

2. Tommy's Burgers ( my fav is the one in Westwood, CA )

3. FatBurger

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Oberfeldwebel

I always liked Harveys Hamburgers (mmm), but I have stayed away from fast food for the last year or so since I found out more about the body and what eating all that crap does to you physically and phsycologically

For all the students out there especially; when you eat something fatty, your body needs to divert resources to breakdown the fat molecules, which is why you will get sluggish both physically and phsycologically. Got a big test to write??...eat healthy before hand and your brain will thank you for it.

Last edited by KG_ThorsHammer; 12-07-2005 at 02:25 PM..
Unread 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Generalleutnant

Tessaro's in a little neighborhood called Bloomfield -- renowned throughout Pittsburgh for it's fabulous burgers. It's reason enough to visit the Burg. I never liked Al Gore, but he raved about their burgers and always ate there when in town -- so I figured he couldn't be 100% robot.

Here's a great review/story to whet your appetite -- it's ready and waiting should we rendevous in the 'Burg to begin our next KG Trip:

http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20000401tessaro2.asp

"The mix is 15 to 20 percent fat," Kelly says, "with steak and filet trimmings mixed in. It's consistent, because the same guy is doing it all the time."

The grill is a factor, too. Designed by John Walter of Eden Works, a wrought-iron design studio on Liberty Avenue not far from the restaurant, the grill's hearth takes such punishment it is replaced several times a year. The hardwood comes from an employee's brother's trees.
Also key is the grill team. With a dozen years or so of practice each, they need just a glance to tell when the burger is within a half-degree of what the customer has ordered. Their hands know when they've grabbed enough extra ground meat -- about an ounce -- so that a well-done patty finishes at eight ounces, the same as the rare, which cooks faster and hotter, losing less moisture and fat.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
General der Panzer

Grins in San Marcos. Giant burgers with sharp cheddar and fresh jalapenos! Hay muy caliente!
Unread 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
General der Panzer

Andy, is that in and out burger cooked at home? I hear they come out rare and quickly.
Unread 12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
Andy, is that in and out burger cooked at home? I hear they come out rare and quickly.
hahahahahahA....

http://www.in-n-out.com/

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 12-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Ther is a little Mom & Pop place up the road from where i live that makes the best hamburgers i ever had. Nothing i ever had anywhere else ever comes close. But as far as national chains go i like White Castle the best. I guess its because you cant get them up north here.
Unread 12-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Fat Burger (Double King with skinny fries and a coke) and In-n-Out (Double-Double, animal style, fries and a vanilla shake) are the best joints in this area, however, none of them make a burger like I do. I think I have the best ones in town.
Unread 12-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

The Keller's drive-in chain in Dallas is great (or at least was the last time I ate there).

Huts is great and classic Austin. They were already an independently owned Austin institution when I first arrived in 1974.

If you want to talk Mexican food (especially Tex-Mex, which is far superior to the "regular people" Mexican food of any other border state), my list for San Antonio and Austin could not fit within the size limits for a post on this forum!
Unread 12-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Hardees

Monster Burger - two 1/3-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun.