Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Combat Mission: X2

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun
Default News on the next modules

This was posted by Battlefront staff on 2-16-07:

Quote:
Yes, as far as I am concerned we are doing USMC next and after that Brits. They will probably be on their own due to the amount of work. After that a mix of NATO forces as yet to be determined. Based on current military involvement and equipment, the leading contenders are The Netherlands, Germany, and Canada. I'd love to get the Italians and French in at some point, but their equipment is unique and therefore too much to squeeze in with other stuff.

Steve
There wasn't any other specific news I could find about what conflict, but we can at least assume it's same time period - modern day, the way the module system works once the main game is released (Shock Force).
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Generalleutnant

I for one can't wait to fight Space Lobsters as the Dutch!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
General der Panzer

Me thinks this sad news, dispels my hope the first "module" would be based on some WWII theatre.
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

What that tells me is that Battlefront believes that their best markets to sell a version of this game to the government for training purposes in order are:

1. US Army

2. US Marines

3. UK Army
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

The way I understand it Mark, is that module releases are basicly extensions of main game releases. They are made to be compatable with the first release. So any modules that come out for the "main game" SF, will surely be modern day.

When they release a WW2 title, the main game might be "The Drive on Moscow 41'" & the subsequent modules could be "Stalingrad", "Kharkov" or "The battle of Sevestapol".

Same would be for a Civil War, etc.

The good news is this, Mark. Now that they have the game engine near completion, the hard part is over. We're not going to have to wait forever for each release. Battlefront says to expect 1-2 main game releases a year, plus module releases. Hopefully a year from now, our only problem will be arguing over which cool mod to play on a Friday night.