Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

The main reason we have a DoD room is because the majority of the members who use Teamspeak are sick and tired listening to the whining. So we put them away in their own little box and let them whine at each other and leave the rest of us in peace.
Unread 03-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Oberstleutnant

Boy Rob that is a pretty lame comment(about whining) and You are the only one who I have seen put people into other rooms. Even if you are the only one not playing. Actually the people you move under most circumstance see it as a very rude thing to do. If someone complains thats another story but I recall no-one but yourself complaining.
Unread 03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_SSpoom
Boy Rob that is a pretty lame comment(about whining)
How so?
Quote:
and You are the only one who I have seen put people into other rooms.
Only SAs have the authority to move persons from room to room, a couple of those who have made comments to me do not have those privledges.
Quote:
Even if you are the only one not playing. Actually the people you move under most circumstance see it as a very rude thing to do.
How is that rude? I don't understand the connection.
Quote:
If someone complains thats another story but I recall no-one but yourself complaining.
As I said above, others have made comments, I just happen to have the privledges to make the moves and less inhibitions to speaking out.
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Oberstleutnant

......yeah whatever....
Unread 03-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Quote:
The main reason we have a DoD room is because the majority of the members who use Teamspeak are sick and tired listening to the whining. So we put them away in their own little box and let them whine at each other and leave the rest of us in peace.
I may be going out on a limb, but I would say that the above statement is one that does not promote friendship & harmony in KG. but that's just me.

Everyone in KG has just as much right to use TS as the next person in KG.

I would agree that I tend to prefer people who are playing an FPS game, go into a seperate room on TS, out of courtesy. The general lobby is for cigars, hard liquor & good conversation. And everyone does that & it's appreciated & theres no problems & no reason to create new ones out of thin air.
Unread 03-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Cloghaun
Everyone in KG has just as much right to use TS as the next person in KG.

I would agree that I tend to prefer people who are playing an FPS game, go into a seperate room on TS, out of courtesy.
I agree but at the same time I have been in the main lobby when people have used it to discuss CM games or whatever when there was several others not in the convo that put up with ( in a good way )

I just think if your in the main lobby and your not doing anything, you should move yourself to a different room if the majority of the people decide to play a game (whether it's a FPS or a CM game) why move the majority....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Well Andy, I'll respond as honestly as I can, ok?

1. There is a difference between having a leisurely discussion on the games we play & using TS as a comms system during team play in an FPS game.
Unless you were a passive bystander, It "can" become annoying to people to listen to the constant chatter of a game they aren't part of. The same could be said of two people playing a TCP game Combat Mission, but not really because there's no reason for discussion until battles are completed. There is no "team-play" element.

2. Two wrongs also do not make a right. No one, Rob, myself, Gas or anyone who has SA rights should be moving people to other rooms. We aren't self appointed forum police. The SA privileges we have are to protect our forum from "external" threats. Hackers, shitheads, etc,.. It's also to "help" the rest of the membership.
On the other hand, out of courtesy it would be nice for you to go to another room to play your games. It doesn't matter that theres 6 of you in the general lobby & you all want to play DoD so screw moving. It's called being polite. Other people may come onto TS later. It's something small that I ask, nothing more, nothing less.

Lastly, I would like to say I wasn't aware that this was even an issue as you know I'm not on TS but maybe once a week. If people have issues they have a responsibility to bring them to me privately so we can resolve problems like gentlemen, instead of duking it out all the time on "the forum play ground".

Last edited by KG_Cloghaun; 03-02-2006 at 10:26 AM..
Unread 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Schutze

Frank,

I think you hit the nail on the head, and it's not a big deal for other players who during game play can and usually converse quite abit,to move to another room, in the interest of fellowship and just being cool guys , we should just treat others wobbie,Andy,etc like brothers and just be big boys.

Rob, all sppoom was saying is that sometimes you are rude, I've seen it first hand and told you on many occassions that you didn't even realize it. Don't take what peolpe say as a attack on you,but rather view it as a way of them comunicating how sometimes you are. Coming from me you should understand that, you know what a rocko I was!!
Unread 03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
General der Panzer

Geeez, I prefer to be in a seperate room while playing DoD. If I wasn't playing, I wouldn't want to listen to Andy complain about people PWNING him!
:)

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 03-02-2006 at 09:51 PM..
Unread 03-09-2006, 12:00 AM
General der Panzer

The other day at IGO--Ownage!

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 05-08-2006 at 07:32 PM..