Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Gefreiter

Send a message via MSN to KG_Scout Send a message via Yahoo to KG_Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_GASXTREME
Personally I know this is going to be one of those things I learn over time, but the controls suck... Overall controls are just quite different from other FPS'.
Its not like you can't change the controls in the options menu.

I like it but its not anything groundbreaking, if it weren't for the tanks I probably wouldn't be all that into it.
Unread 03-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Scout
I like it but its not anything groundbreaking, if it weren't for the tanks I probably wouldn't be all that into it.
Thats NOT very indearing to the game especially to those of us that are waiting for a verdict.... So far all the forums & message boards are filled with A LOT of UNHappy people... and from the 15-20 mins I listened to Lubeek ( who is he by the way, a recruit?) SSpoom, Scout talk, I don't see myself buying it anytime soon if at all...

Sounds like the all the gusto was in the marketing of it and they didn't use any in the game.....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
General der Panzer

The potential to set up our own server and play two per tank 3 tanks per side battles is really enticing. The tanks are really fun (if on ts) because the gunner and driver must communicate constantly. No doubt, the infantry part of this game is a little strange, but that may be just DoD lag. The snipers are pretty cool and different. It's probably worth buying just to play the tank battles. C'mon Andy, me and you bro'--in our own tank--lighting up Rob and Stu again and again! Hurry, we need practice so we can NOOB Rob after Lent.
Unread 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
The potential to set up our own server and play two per tank 3 tanks per side battles is really enticing.
Just a note, but this is going to take a bit longer than I though, RO uses a completely different "engine" than the rest of the Steampowered games, so its therefore completely different in setting up a server....
-steve
Unread 03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
The potential to set up our own server and play two per tank 3 tanks per side battles is really enticing. The tanks are really fun (if on ts) because the gunner and driver must communicate constantly. No doubt, the infantry part of this game is a little strange, but that may be just DoD lag. The snipers are pretty cool and different. It's probably worth buying just to play the tank battles. C'mon Andy, me and you bro'--in our own tank--lighting up Rob and Stu again and again! Hurry, we need practice so we can NOOB Rob after Lent.
Thats VERY tempting...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Gefreiter

The tank battles ARE really fun. But the infantry battles... So so
Unread 03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Oberstleutnant

The tank battles are a riot and so far they seem to be the best in tank action of all the shooters BF DC CODUO they take a lot of team work and communication. If you get a tank crew and a few infantry for mobile eyes the game is a blast!.
Hell I knocked out a tiger and a PZ4 with sachel charges =)
Tossed 1 right on the rear deck of the tiger and it drove away to have it hurt by the charge layingon the engine deck. I finished it off by tossing one underneath right before it squished me =)
You can go un buttoned as Tank commander and scan field with binoculars looking for targets, button up when you see one and knock it off at super long range =) Tigers and Isu s shrug off glancing shots while pz4s brew up on any thing direct - very cool as the armor seems to have excellent characteristics suitable for each model
Tigers PZ4s Panthers Stugs Halftracks, Armored cars for Russian T-34/85s JS1s KVs problably more models. They dont stop on a dime you have to really coomunicate to be effective =) Tons of Possibilities =)
I dig it
Unread 03-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Generalleutnant

I am downloading as I type..... It better be good!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Generalleutnant

after the 10 year download.... I played last night with Soldier, I had a lot of fun in the tanks even though I was learning on the fly,because who reads the manuals.....just give me the damn game! I learned some tanks don't stop at all even after they have no throttle....and some tanks just slow down.... the heavier the tank the more it stops when you want it to pretty much but the T-60's it's like riding in a car with no brakes!

I was not impressed at ALL with the infantry battles..... I beleive the fun will come when we have our own server and can lock it and have tank battles intra KG.... Soldier and Me vs. whoever! just not 3 vs. 1 thats all I ask..... Last night Soldier and I got into a melee with 3 other tanks ( 2 PZ3 or 4's and one Stug, we were able to get off 3 quality shots before we were blown to bits....)

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Gefreiter

You can change how the throttle on the tanks works in your options. Turn off the incremental throttle...

When you let off the key the tank will stop on its own.