Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 09-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Brandenburg

Default Finally Graduated

To some that dont know me.... I was a member of KG back in the hayday of CCIII and MS zone days. My KG name was KG_Brandenburg.

Just thought Id let you all know that I finally graduated from Texas State Technical College a few weeks ago. I earned my A.A.S. in Computer Science/Client Server with a GPA of 3.3 with 105 credit hours. To go along with that, I also took the 70-228 microsoft exam for SQL server 2000 and passed with a 833. I needed 700 to pass.

At the momment, Im working on a dual degree and will get my A.A.S in Computer gaming\Graphic in 33 credit hours or about 1 year. Some might have knoticed that I accumulated alot of hours in a Associate degree.I was smart , that when I took filler classes it was from a degree related to the one Im in...

The gaming degree program at this school is pretty tough. I made a B in the Intro to game graphics class last semester and am pretty pleased with that grade. Alot of people retake that class as it is one of the hardest classes in this school.Really, we get into Direct X programming by lab 4 and write a game in lab 3. LOL.. Out of 7 people in my class, I was the only one to turn in a working game. The game was FARKLE and was written in C++. Roughly around a 1000 lines of code. Even the teacher was impressed with my design as I didnt use his sugestions but did my own thing and was a success. Still only made a 90 on it but thats still an A. So i was happy.

Hope things are going good in the gamming world. I mainly play F.E.A.R,CCIII,CM2,Alien vs. Predator II now adays. I havent had internet in awhile, but should get it back in 2 weeks.. LOL I can become a terror once again on the AvP servers as a alien:))

My computer specs have changed too...
EMACHINE: with serious upgrades

AMD 64 Atholon 2.2Ghz
GFORCE 6600 128 PCIexpress
Soundblaster X-Fi sound card
1 gig Ram
160 gig HDD
20 gig HDD
80 gig HDD external
Subwoofer hooked to 2 home tower speakers...

BTW.. does anyone have Operational Art of War III.. I ordered it and should arive soon I hope..

Well, Take care all... got to go to my AI class now. incredibly confusing class

Neil
Unread 09-13-2006, 12:06 PM
General der Panzer

Holy Cow! I thought you were dead, killed by a Texas Ranger in a late night strip club brawl. Honestly, great to hear from you. I recieved my B.A. in History and English from Texas State (formerly Southwest Texas State) at San Marcos and am currently in the MFA (Masters of Fine Arts) program in fiction. How's life up north in Waco? You need to get your ass on Teamspeak: Starfury, SSpoom, AGCent, Schreck, and many others hang out and shoot the bull there pretty often. It'd be great to talk to you for a bit.

Regards,
KG_Soldier aka Mark Snell
Unread 09-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Brandenburg

Yeah, Im still kickin I suppose.....

as soon as I get my broadband connection up and running again Ill definately join all of ya on teamspeak. Maby we can get a game going... My internet connection should be happening in about 2 weeks ..

Quote:
Holy Cow! I thought you were dead, killed by a Texas Ranger in a late night strip club brawl.
LOL .. I got a really good bodygaurd.. My wife.. hehehhhehe.

The paper would read.

... Former exotic dancer takes out several Texas Rangers before being subdued... heheheheheh Texas Rangers will not file charges against her because of the embarisment it will cause:)

Good talkin to ya Soldat..

Take Care,
Neil

p.s. Good job on getting a B.A.. Id like to try to get a B.A in something but that might be out of my reach. If i could, Id get a B.A in buissiness, so I could be in management for an IT company instead of in the trenches which most coders reside lol:)
Unread 09-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Unteroffizier Offizier- anwarter

Send a message via ICQ to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via AIM to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via MSN to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Yahoo to KG_GASXTREME Send a message via Skype™ to KG_GASXTREME

Congrats Neil, thats awesome news.... I'm working on my associates in computer science myself right now (I'm a whole 3 weeks into it, haha), although I am going down a slightly different path; I am looking more into hardware repair, etc. (I took a visual basic class my last year of high school, and I didn't really like it much) but who knows, maybe someday we will be coworkers :)
-steve
Unread 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Well... your spelling is better.

Congrats, Branden!
Unread 09-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Congrats!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 09-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Gefreiter

Send a message via MSN to KG_RCT_Hasty Send a message via Yahoo to KG_RCT_Hasty

Congrats !
Unread 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Stabsgefreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent View Post
hehe, I was thinking the same thing! A similar thing happened to my brother. At PSU, his grammer/spelling was no better than the typical beer drinking student. After law school, he uses really big words (kinda like that JJ fella)!

Congrats!
Unread 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Leutnant

Well done Branden........
Unread 09-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Brandenburg

Quote:
Well, I have been working on my writing for a while. It has no choice but to get better after all the papers I have written. thx for the compliment AGC & Koz.

Quote:
I'm working on my associates in computer science myself right now (I'm a whole 3 weeks into it, haha), although I am going down a slightly different path; I am looking more into hardware repair, etc. (I took a visual basic class my last year of high school, and I didn't really like it much) but who knows, maybe someday we will be coworkers :)
-steve
I know a little about hardware but nothing to serious. (i.e. Do my own PC upgrades,setting up lan's,installing OS's,basic hardware diagnostics,etc). I almost went into PC maintenance... well, a few classes anyway. Decided to do more C++ stuff, so im into the gaming side of computers. Good luck on your studies.

It sure is good talkin to you all.