Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default CC: Cross of Iron

From Sulla to my inbox this afternoon;

Subject: Close Combat CoI Imminent Release

Hi Guys,

We have just heard that CC:CoI is being released between Tonight and Monday night. (12/13 Feb 2007)

Hope that you all like the changes and updates and a huge thanks to ALL those involved in the production, you all know who you are and to find out if you don't know check the credits!

In the meantime here are some screens and inf, have fun and watch this space for the next one ....

There is a lot in the CC:CoI package, which you will soon have your hands on, hope you all enjoy the sneak preview!

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php

For those of you who have been following the development, you will already know that this is a re-release of the classic Close Combat III game, originally developed by Atomic, and published by Microsoft. However, this is not just the original game wrapped up in a new box! There are many new and modified features, so where to start?

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index...rticle&sid=333

Not for the modem impaired, enjoy and it will soon be with you guys ;)

Please visit Matrix games for more info on purchase and actual release etc:

http://www.matrixgames.com/

Sulla - AKA - Shaun Wallace
Unread 02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
General der Panzer

Gee, looks kinda like Close Combat. I think I already have I, II, III, IV, & V.
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Apparently they've finally fixed just about everything that ever was "bugged" with the coding, plus a ton of added features, including the ability to play a Multi-player campaign. It might be kind of fun to try playing CC in MP mode. It's nice to see they've finally fixed everything & wrapped it up in a pretty bow.

Too bad this didn't come out 4 years ago..
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Oberschutze

i'm still buying it.. no matter what you guys say :P
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I agree with you Frank. Ill still get it eventually out of my love for what brought us all together. As a matter of fact id like to get copies of all the re-releases.

Im a little disappointed with "new" maps though. All they are are cut and paste jobs of other maps thrown together with a few new buildings and maybe some trenches, bunkers ect. or a new hill on them. But other than that it looks good.

All in all im very happy they are doing this. We all should be celebrating the rebirth of the glue that congealed us into what we are today.
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Oberst

I am looking forward in a nostalgic sort of way for this release. Chances are it will be about 3rd down on my buy list behind CM:SF and ToW but most certainly depending on the price. I can't see shelling out $40 for a game that
1. I already have with...
2. Updates that ought to have been done when the game was originally in production.
I would be open to purchasing a patch or upgrade to my exisitng game for around $25 or so but that isn't an option.
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

There appear to be only minimal improvements over the original game. Yet they want a new game price for it. This is a similar set of facts for what we saw with Matrix's release of TOAW3 and what we are likely to experience when they update the old Talonsoft Campaign Series.

What makes the CC issue worse than the others, as well as serial releases using the same game engine, is that in terms of RTS this engine is AARP eligible (a subject upon which I am an expert). The age of the game is generally less important in turn based games with board game origins, such as TOAW3.
Unread 02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
General der Panzer

In six months (or less) it'll be $9.99 at Wall-Mart, similar to Flashpoint and RO.
Unread 02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Oberst

CoI is up and available for DL at $39.99 at matrix games.
Unread 02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Oberschutze

getting it now.. 6 mins left.. start waxing nostalgia.