Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default Modding Company of Heroes

CoH as a whole is an intersting game. There are several things about which I like. there are several things about which I despise. Its those things taht are preventing me from wanting to play the game. I have been thinking about and investigating what it would take to mod CoH. What I am interested in doing are a few things;

1. Allow a further zoom-out of the camera.
2. More realistic engagements ranges of all units, especially armor, 88s and mortars.
3. Investigate the possibilities of using or activating MINIMUM ranges for 105' and mortars.
4. More accurate penetration characteristics (Tigers ought to one-shot one-kill a sherman most of the time, no "hit point" action)

I have found and DL'ed the mod tools and are reading some forums threads. Is there anything else you can think of that I should look at? Are there any resource sites that might help me, would you like to help me?
Unread 02-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Better yet, eliminating all on-map artillery (mortars, howitzers) and making the Officer for the germans an FO with the ability to call an off-map 81mm mortar barrage over a wider area (creating a less dense barrage over a larger area) and a FO/Radioman unit for the allies with the ability to call in a 60mm barrage that is more focused but has a less explosive round.