Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > Diecast collectables & Models

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-10-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Dragon Armor Mystery

In the last few months I've been starting to collect Dragon Armor. There is one thing that is a mystery to me as to what it is.

With the King Tigers king-tiger.jpg and Jagdtigers came a small plasted packet with some plastic pieces inside. Now some of the armor come with AA MGs, which is easy to see what it is... but I have no clue what these are: the-unknown.JPG

One forum I went to said they might be the pieces that the towing cables would hook into on the front and rear, however, on the models, these are already in place and are slightly smaller.

Anyone have any idea what these are supposed to be?

Thanks,
Cary
www.wwiivehicles.com
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Those are tow hooks for the front and rear of the tank--two each.
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Jag
Those are tow hooks for the front and rear of the tank--two each.
At first that's what they seem like. But the tow hooks are already there.
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I'd have to see a good front or rear shot of the tank to be sure, but I bet the pieces slip into what you believe are the tow hooks, with the enclosed ends of the parts pointing toward the ground.

If you truly have four tow hooks already on the tank, these are extras which do not have to be added to the vehicle.
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:39 PM

Here's a close up, with the tow hooks that are already on the model.

tow-hooks.jpg
Unread 06-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Your shot is of the front of the tank and indeed already has the tow hooks. Unless your tank is missing the two tow hooks on the upper portion of the rear hull of the tank--one each on the right and left side, all four are extra parts.
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

They are there on the back as well, you can see them in the photo he posted in the first post he made.
Unread 06-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Hello Cary. Welcome to our forum.

Great website you have there. I see you've been running it for a long time. Very impressive. Must be alot of work.

I've been collecting the Dragon armor 1/72nd series since it came out. I have every single one of the WW2 tanks. I think they are the best quality line for the $. I just got the 1/32nd scale Dragon "Tunisia" Tiger. Beautiful. The online pictures simply do not do it justice. It's pricy, but I highly recommend it if you like Tigers as much as me (my favorite tank).
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Cloghaun
Great website you have there. I see you've been running it for a long time. Very impressive. Must be alot of work.
I've been collecting the Dragon armor 1/72nd series since it came out. I have every single one of the WW2 tanks. I think they are the best quality line for the $. I just got the 1/32nd scale Dragon "Tunisia" Tiger. Beautiful. The online pictures simply do not do it justice. It's pricy, but I highly recommend it if you like Tigers as much as me (my favorite tank).

Thanks! I definately enjoy doing the web site. I call it my hobby. Wish it could be a full time job!

I only started getting the 1/72 WWII Dragon items about 6 months ago. I'm working on getting them all as I have a little over 50 of them.

I saw the 1/32, but I decided, that I better not start "yet another" series that I just have to have "all of them"!! Also the 1/72 is easier to display at home, and I can take a couple to work to look at when the computer is being slow!

-Cary
Unread 07-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

I have just finished working on a 1:16 scale Henschel KT.

In fact the Henschel KT has four tow hooks on the rear. The other two are on the inside of the tracks on both sides. They are difficult to see in most pictures, but you can see the two on the left rear of the tank here:

http://www.onsitediecast.com/special2.htm