Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
KG_Wiking

Loki - Thanks for testing it out. Please make a list of any questions that you may have or things that you think are wrong.

Schreck - Take care of yourself! This is just a game, but thank you for the thoughts!

KG Wiking
Unread 05-29-2005, 09:35 PM
KG_Wiking

The Mod is ready for full testing.

The data is complete.
The mod follows a mostly historical flow, but there is the addition of 17th RECCE and 21 PZ Division to give the Germans a bit more punch.

Reinforcement is in for the US only.

There are a number of new maps. You will need to DL the REG EXTRA map pack and put them into your Maps folder.

THe icons are all up to date, and as far as I can tell there are no problems.

I think this mod offers a happy medium between some of the other mods that are out there. It is obviously I think better than the base game. It has some of the nice maps of the SAS mod, as well as a few more, but the British teams are not in play. The mod is an attempt to be as historical with the one caveat being the aforementioned non historical units being present. I have tried to give both sides enough to work with. THe US has armor in every battle group except for the 82nd. Even the 101st gets a couple of Stuarts compliments of the 4th Infantry Division.

The mod that most of us at KG played was the SAS mod, and I tried to keep some of those better aspects while trying to correct a few of the complaints. It will be hard for the US to throw eight tanks at once at the Germans, simply because the armor is split by the reinforcment tab. I have also beefed up the AT guns for all. If you get hit by a PAK 7.5 you'll know it. If you get hit by a PAK 8.8 they'll be sending a letter home. On the flip side I have drastically reduced the number of schrecks that are floating around. Some have a large cache of them, but some have few if any. However, there are many more panzerfausts - including patrones, 30 and 60's - than there were in the original game.

Another change is the size of the teams. They are larger. Most teams are increased by at least one man. Basic infantry squads now have seven or eight members. Half teams have five or six. There are two types of command units for platoon and company level commanders. Experience of these units is shown. Platoon commanders are not nearly as good as their company counterparts. Reserve units are not necessarily throw - away units as they had been in the past. AD Hoc an ERSATS units are usually very experinced, but are coming from reformed units - hence their morale is a bit shaky. Green units may not have experience, but typically their morale is a bit better. The typical standard game unit had little chance to gain experience as they would break at the first crack of a rifle.

Another aspect of change are the support modules. The mortars now come in batteries which gives them a good deal more punch. The Airborne units do not come into the game with heavy equipment and will have a hard time scratching to stay alive for the first few battles. Most of the battles with the Airborne units are meeting engagements - there are two exceptions - one where the US starts out in a corner and has to scratch out a toehold to stay alive - and another where the ABN has trapped an FJ unit against the river, and the FJ must try to break out of the 101's vice.

I also have changed the reinforcement table slightly, particularly in the north to have the Germans be able to get a unit that may help with a northern breakout.

Now, what I really need from KG is for you to help me out by loading the mod and playing it. I would like to release this mod soon to the general public and feel it would be a real shame if no one in KG played the first CC5 mod made by one of her members. I'm not asking you to play it 24/7 but to try a few of the battles and operations would be wonderful.

I would also like if you could post constructive criticism and hopefully some positive feedback.

If the mod is well received by those who are playing with it, I will release it to the public. I would like to do so within a week or two. If that happens I will start the full blown mod of Beyond the Beach - St. Lo to COBRA.

Thanks

KG Wiking
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

congrats man, sounds like everything is moving along well. dangit im gonna have to free up some time to play this thing...
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:36 AM
KG_Wiking

THe mod is being uploaded to the server and will be on CSO and CCSeries also. I can't take the pressure :)

I think it will be a fun mod.

KG Wiking
Unread 05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
KG_Wiking

Regextra maps are added to the server. You'll need about 15 of them.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS...&cat=12790

Screenshots.

KG Wiking
Unread 06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

I tried to download the maps but it would not accept my login.... I am using the one I have always used and it won't let me create a new account using the same email address... I sent an email to their email support and hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue soon.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
KG_Wiking

The maps are also on our server.

KG Wiking
Unread 06-07-2005, 01:05 AM
KG_Wiking

Mod has been getting good feedback from those who are playing.

Sadly CSO has not replied to my request to host the mod and ccseries has a bad file on tap, so I've had to give them the file via the back door and also through my own FTP...

Here is a possible screen for the splash that will be out in a short time...

KG Wiking
Unread 06-07-2005, 01:07 AM
KG_Wiking

Darn Tripod......

KG Wiking
Unread 06-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

not to sound like im bitching at you dude, but you need to resize that pic. if your gonna post pics they cant be any larger than 500 x 500 pix. if you want to post large, and dont want to lose quality, host on your FTP, then link with a hyper link.

that being said it looks great!