Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 11-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

Default Hearts of Iron 2 patch

HOI 2 has just been patched to version 1.3. The patch is about 29 mb.
Unread 11-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

DL'ed and installed. They did a lot of work to the triggers and event sequences. I have played up to May 40 so far and still easily rolled over Poland. We will see when I take France out how much better the AI is. A side note, I did not get full Anscluss this time out, Austria was made an ally instead, and in March 1940, the Soviet Union declared war on England...
Unread 11-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

My game has taken a turn for the surreal.

It is March 1941. I am allied with Turkey, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania. I have conquered France and and accepted Vichy. I helped Hungary take Yugoslavia. Hungary also took Albania. Russia is at war with England. Turkey seized the initiative and initally pushed England and Free French forces nearly to the Persian Gulf and to Jerusalem. England recovered their footing and has pushed Turkey back to their Capital via Lebanon and pushed into the Caucasus threatening Baku with their Free French allies.

In a desperate bid to stem the tide, Turkey decided to hand control of all their armed forces to Hungary. Hungary immediate stepped to and sent the majority of their forces that had been covering my back door (Russian front) to defend the Turks. Romania has also turned a great number of their divisions over to the Hungarians. All I have left is the Bulgarians to help cover the front.

Russia so far has been slow to react to the incursions to their southwestern front opting instead to occupy their front with me. I don't know how long that will be possible for them without losing vital resource provinces.

Italy has finally decided to join in and has succeeded in distracting the English in Egypt. The way the movement is blocked up in the area of Marsah Matruh is working to their advantage by funneling the Italians into narrow approach corridors but has still diverted needed follow on forces to the north.

I began my European adventure with 5 packs with 12 Level 4 submarines in each pack. I have sunk most of the British, French and Belgian navies but in the process, shattered 3 of the 5 packs. My build queues are currently occupied building up my armored and mechanized divisions pending an invasion of Russia. I don't know if I am going to do that so quickly now. The English problem may just draw enough Russians away to allow me to delay the armor/mech forces in favor of another run of subs. I would do this to choke the flow of reinforcements to India and Jerusalem... but then maybe not; it will be sure to keep Russia busy and give me the needed time and space to deliver a one-season knock out punch to the Russians.

I must say that I could take over any one of these nation's militaries and get things under control, but I am having a bit of fun watching them do their thing.