Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Yeah that Russian ref let the Ecuadorians beat the Germans to death the other day. Think he still remembers WWII? LOL.

Overall the other refs have been poor too. To many easily handed out yellow cards and some people who have waranted yellow and Red cards have gotten away with nothing in the case of yellow and only a yellow in the case of reds and sometimes none at all. It just depends on what country you play for. {from what ive seen your in for it if you play for England, Germany & America havent seen many other games, there may be more on the list}Its been a sloppy tourney to say the least.
Unread 06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

One of the better matches is going to be played today : Brasil Vs. Ghanav

My heart wants Ghana but REALITY tells me Brasil...I like the major underdogs in tourney's like this but then a Argentina Vs. Brasil would be priceless!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Well folks, we're down to the final 8 teams!

The first match up will most likely be the super bowl of the world cup, that being Germany Vs. Argentina

Whats everyones predictions?

I still think it will be Argentina over Brasil in the final game...who's your champion?

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
General der Panzer

The team that ends up with the most goals in each game will win it all. I'm sure of it.
Unread 06-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Generaloberst

Your probably right Andy but i want it to be Germany vrs Brasil.
Unread 06-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Generaloberst

At exactly 1:45 PM EST .....

Germany Wins!!!
Unread 06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Generalleutnant

Great game. I caught the tail end at lunch. Clutch comeback by the Huns!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Generalleutnant

I honestly don't know if you can call it a comeback.... I would have ratrher had the Russuin Official because at least he was calling fouls against both teams....

This official clearly was one side in his calls... I don't think I have ever seen such one-sided calls in a match before.

Before the end of regulation, the official gives a yellow to Argentian player who was OBVIOUSLY fouled inside the penalty box.

I will have to nominate the WHOLE German team for "Best Actor" with all their phantom penalty falls, I mean damn some of the German players were NEVER even touched by the opposing team and foul was called....

It's a shame that in modern day sports we can't have nuetral officiating.

I truly dismayed with the officiating in the World Cup this year... a GREAT event sullied by officials who have determined the outcomes of the games versus letting the players do it....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
General der Panzer

C'mon Andy, don't be bitter because a Latin team lost! Germany's goal keeper was clutch on the penalty kicks. And the Latin dude took a dive in the penalty box, but a little later, a German did the same thing and wasn't carded. The Argentinians dominated the game. Rachelme must have been really tired for them to sub for him. I think that cost them the game. I watched the replay, very good game. Italy will beat Germany and win it all!
Unread 06-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
C'mon Andy, don't be bitter because a Latin team lost! Germany's goal keeper was clutch on the penalty kicks. And the Latin dude took a dive in the penalty box, but a little later, a German did the same thing and wasn't carded. The Argentinians dominated the game. Rachelme must have been really tired for them to sub for him. I think that cost them the game. I watched the replay, very good game. Italy will beat Germany and win it all!
It has nothing to do with Latin American teams....because in the begining it was as good as monery in the bank to say Brasil would be in the finals....

The game officiating was horrendous.... like in the previous games if Germany wasn't playing IN Germany I don't think they would be getting away with almost cold-blooded murder out there on the field. You can't tell me that Germany isn't getting away with anything..... The official determined the outcome of the game plain and simple....

Realistically, all I care about is great soccer nothing more.

- Emiliano Zapata