Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > Boardgames & Tabletop games

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Ok,

I have a folder on my desktop named VASSAL. When I open it, I have the following 4 items. The item on the right is executable & appears to launch the program. The item 2nd from right is an update icon. I clicked on it & I think it somehow updated the version of VASSAL. I am at 2.9.9 now.

See photo-

Unread 02-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Generalleutnant

I'm guessing the newest one is the one that is the executable that launches the program. Now you just need to make some sub folders if I recall correctly, one of which is to house the modules themselves. The modules have a .mod ending if i recall correctly.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I got the dl finished and i finally got VASSAL & the BOH mod to work. Yeah! Props go out to John & Steve for the help on TS tonight.
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Generalleutnant

Woohoo! That's awesome Kent! It's too bad we couldn't get it to work while we're on. OK, I'll post something later today with our BOH Action Plan!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:14 AM
General der Panzer

I made it home early from workshop last night and saw Steve, Kent, and John on Ts, maybe a few more, had a bite for dinner, sat back at the computer, and they were gone--damn. I was locked and loaded!
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Generaloberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier View Post
I made it home early from workshop last night and saw Steve, Kent, and John on Ts, maybe a few more, had a bite for dinner, sat back at the computer, and they were gone--damn. I was locked and loaded!
Looks like someone needs to get their priorities straight.
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Generalleutnant

That sucks. Steve and I were able to synch up a board and move pieces around. I sent Steve a PDF of the rules. I think we'll start with the demo scenario about Vierville. Steve hit the wall and logged to get some rest and Kent had tech issues, so I logged and chatted with the wife for a bit then read a book.

I still need to refresh myself on the fire mechanics. It is very hard for me to shift from ASL fire resolution to the mechanic used in BOH.

Unread 02-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Generalleutnant

I need to call Jim today and get him to download all this stuff.

Unread 02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Generaloberst

I couldnt risist teasing anyone out there who might still be on the fence. Check out the StugIIIG & Tiger I counters.

Unread 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Generalleutnant

The Brit and even the new French counters look awesome too. Check out the preview at the LNL website.