Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 06-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

I agree Andy that there were some bad calls in the game. But you cant say it was that lopsided. Ballack for Germany should have been given a yellow card for taking a dive in the penaty box but the ref missed it. There were bad calls both ways. Early in the game as soon as every one of Germany's big goal scorers touched the ball, Argentina's player pounded them. There should of been more yellow cards than there were. Calls that should of been called that were not and yellow cards handed out that should of just been normal penalties. What lost the game for Argentina was not getting in their ace player and their goal keeper going down, which is what kept their ace out in the first place. But you can argue that it was their coaches fault as well for not making the substitution with the first sub as the announcers pointed out. But what it really came down to was Lehman's great size and range as a goal keeper and his ability to anticipate and read all the Argentinian players body language and tell which side they were shooting at. He guessed right every time. You have to give him credit for that. It was a great match despite the lack luster calls. IMHO.
Unread 07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
General der Panzer

GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!! What a fitting way to end the game. Great passes led to both Grosso's and Del Piero's goals at the end of a tough game. Germany played pretty good. The Italians play tough "D." In the end, I think the best team won. Good game, what great goals!
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

I didn't get to watch the game until 10pm last night...

WHOLLY COW... that was an awesome game through and through...it's a shame someone had to lose.... but I think what killed the Germans was that they were playing for PK's and thats what shot themselves in the foot.... If it wasn't for Odonkor, the Germans would have looked out of gas....

The first goal was simply an amazing display of touch passing and a perfect kick/strike however, the German defender was extremely slow to pursue almost walking to the ball which gave Grosso the perfect amount of time so he didn't have to rush his shot.

Looks like an Italy Vs. Portugal final.....

I think France's one man show of Zidane is coming to a close.... it's great story but Apples to Apples...Portugal is a relentless attacking team unlike the the Brasil's or any other team France has faced in the world cup. Plus I think a huge advantage goes to the Portugal's Goal Keeper, I forget his name offhand but the guy is simply amazing hands down, probably one of the best if not the best Goal Keeper of the entire World Cup.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Well Damn....

I guess from now on with regards to soccer It's safe to say go with whoever I don't say is going to win....

With that said.... I do indeed hope Italy wins it all...... I can't stand the Zidane cries of He's the greatest! or he's better than Pele....

Go ITALIA!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 07-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Generaloberst

Anyone but France! lol.
Unread 07-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Generalleutnant

Viva Italia!

It was a great game until the SHMUCK Zidane who on the world's stage in front of Billions of fans worldwide pulls off one the heinous acts one can do.

FIFA should suspend if not BAN him for life for what he did.
There can be no room for what he did nor should it be handled lightly.

Overall the World Cup was awesome ( minus the Officiating ) to see. We saw the passing of the torch with regards to a few teams as well as seeing a few teams that have gained A LOT of respect in the football world and will be taken VERY seriously in the next World Cup.

I am sorry to see it over. WOW how time flys...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 07-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Generalleutnant

Viva Italia!

It was a great game until the SHMUCK Zidane who on the world's stage in front of Billions of fans worldwide pulls off one the heinous acts one can do.

FIFA should suspend if not BAN him for life for what he did.
There can be no room for what he did nor should it be handled lightly.

Overall the World Cup was awesome ( minus the Officiating ) to see. We saw the passing of the torch with regards to a few teams as well as seeing a few teams that have gained A LOT of respect in the football world and will be taken VERY seriously in the next World Cup.

I am sorry to see it over. WOW how time flys...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 07-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad

A good game to be sure! Very exciting and well played by both sides till Zidane pulled his freak out. Good show. Good game!

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Unread 07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Generaloberst

I was at the hospital visiting my new Nephew, what happened?
Unread 07-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad

The OT period was almost up, I think someone went down injured on one side of the field. Play stops as the ref investigates the problem, meanwhile on the other side of the field Zidane and an Italian player are walking and a few words are exchanged, nothing seems amiss as Zidane pulls ahead of he Italian. Then the Italian must have said something else because Zidane just stops turns, marches over to the guy and without warning head butts the Italians chest in the area of his sternum.

The Ref did not see it but apparently the linesman refs asstant did. Zidane was Red Carded and ejected from the game.

They did catch it on tape and showed the replay of the incident on tv at the time of the match. No Question about it.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.